Omg annabel langbeins soft cheese is so easy and..

tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 8, 5:06am
tastes soooo goood. Went to Mother inlaws and she had made some so now ive got my book out and going to make it tonight to go with my tomato relish i am currently soaking to have with it tomorow :)

YUMMMMY and soo stupidly easy (great for me) :)

Everyone must try it

tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 8, 5:09am
Have to say though. peeling 10kg of tomatoes and 1kg of onions can be quite a challenge

gerry64, Jan 8, 5:21am
tried to find the recipe for the cheese - sounds interesting but not the peeling of 10kg tomatoes!

goldgurl_design, Jan 8, 5:48am
awww tipsy...that was me earlier this afternoon...I just made my first ever HUGE batch of pasta sauce to freeze for winter...tomatoes and courgettes sooo cheap at the moment...gonna buy more tomorrow and do it all over again LOL

tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 8, 6:50am
hahaha its awesome once its done tho :) should have about 7-8 jars of relish tomorow :) yipee

shickenmcboing, Jan 8, 6:58am
what is the soft cheese recipy

juliewn, Jan 8, 11:59am
I leave the skins on.. extra fibre and they just mix in with the rest of the mixture.. saves a lot of work too..

tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 8, 11:50pm
this one is very very tasty. just finished bottling :) 6 preserving jars, 2 jam jars and 2L worth in little containers to pass on to people. the preserved ones are for me :) besides this is so good i dont even think it would last long enough to worry about hehe. i feel like a total kitchen goddess right now. LOVE IT!

tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 8, 11:50pm
The skins would sit on the top in the recipe i use so chances are one jar will have all the skins lol not very fair is it :P

kitj1, Jan 9, 1:03am
Skim the skins off as you stir. Much easier than peeling ...

beaker59, Jan 9, 2:16am
Roast the tomatoes lightly first then the skins just lift off easily you can skin 10 Kg in about 2 minutes, you get a more intense tomatoe flavour too.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 9, 4:43am
i just poured boiling water over them and the skin just came away beautifully. has to be boiling though.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 16, 10:40pm
suprisingly it only took about 30-45 minutes to chop up the onion and do the tomatoes so it wasnt tooo bad. i just had a chat with the mother inlaw while doing it makes the time fly.