Annabel Langbeins Chocolate chunk biscuits

staceytee109, Oct 19, 6:54pm
Does anyone have the recipe they could post on here! i have her book but its in a box in the shed somewhere as we have just moved house.

They are fabtastic and feel like making some this morning.

TIA

carlosjackal, Oct 19, 9:45pm
x1
Chocolate Chip Cookies (Annabel Langbein)

500g butter, softened
1 c sugar
1/2 c condensed milk
4 1/2 c flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
500g chocolate, roughly chopped

Preheat the oven to 160C and line trays with baking paper.

Cream the butter and sugar well then add the condensed milk and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate, flour and baking powder. Put into the fridge for 15 mins to firm up a bit then roll into walnut sized pieces. Flatten with your hands then press down again with a fork to get that nice homemade effect.

Bake about 15 minutes until a golden brown. Leave on the tray for a few minutes then put the biscuits onto a rack to cool properly.

tommydog, Oct 20, 10:15pm
Thanks Carlosjackal for posting that recipe it was mighty generous of you.

aunty_jj, Oct 21, 12:23am
Yum.This looks so good.I think I will have to try it out.I have chocolate buttons here - do you think they would work or should I go down and buy a block of choc!I never really know if there is any difference!

carlosjackal, Oct 21, 1:53am
I think if you can be bothered going out and buying a block of chocolate it'd be worth it.and you'll be pleased you did!

carlosjackal, Oct 21, 1:53am
I think if you can be bothered going out and buying a block of chocolate it'd be worth it.and you'll be pleased you did! You'll get the randomly sized chunks of chocolate that way instead of uniformly sized buttons.

aunty_jj, Oct 21, 5:22am
Well I've used all the butter on other baking adventures today - so need to go out for more butter.I will grab some chocolate so that I can try it out.:-)

antoniab, Oct 21, 5:30am
500g butter! Holy moly - I baked a cake last week that had 250g butter and 300g of chocolate and I though that was extreme! lol
Bet they taste amazing!

aunty_jj, Oct 21, 5:36am
I was thinking WOWSERS about the 500g of butter.Wont be making that recipe to often for the sake of my arteries.Lol.

miffycat1, Oct 21, 5:38am
How many biscuits would this recipe make !

crayonstory, Oct 21, 6:35am
It makes about 70. I usually halve it.

aunty_jj, Oct 21, 8:30pm
Oh true - thats good to know.I bought 500g of chocolate yesterday for it - and even that was masses of chocolate!(YUM)

daleaway, Oct 21, 11:38pm
A kilo of fat!
At that rate, it had better make about 600 biscuits, or it's a heart attack in waiting.

wanganuijock, Oct 28, 9:41am
oooo yummy they sound great

ralta, Oct 28, 9:47am
I usually halve the recipe also - still makes plenty.

bridget107, Oct 29, 1:59am

dolphin101, Oct 29, 10:30pm
that is the recipe she used on Saturday nite and she divided it into 4 and rolled 1tot into balls and dipped into hundred and thousands and baked plin for icing round one and used a fork around the edges then bakedgoing to give it ago

taurus2005, Oct 31, 8:53am
yep, agree.

donna_jo29, Oct 31, 10:51am
mine recipe is,
125 gms butter, 1 cup of castor sugar, cream, add 1 egg, add 11/2 cups of flour 1 tspn baking powder, 2 tbspn cocoa, and 1 cup of choc chips. its very runny mixture but it hardens.bake 180 for 15 min. usually takes over night to harden. im very fussy with baking biscuits and i wont change from this one. makes about! heaps

duckmoon, Oct 31, 7:48pm
It does have 4.5 cups of flour.

I have a similar recipe, it only have 100 g of butter. But then it only has 1 cup of flour

robman7, Nov 1, 6:52am
KIWISNZ country Women's Institutes Cookery Book (1950 edition)

Cream ¼ lb butter and¼ cup sugar. Add 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk. Add 1 cup flour and 1teaspoon baking powder. Add chopped up 7d cake chocolate. Roll into balls and bake 15 to 20 minutes in a moderate oven.I don't know what 7d cake of chocolate is as this book is older than me, so I just add ever I have or what looks like a reasonable amount, I usually double this recipe. very nice.

alibeli, Nov 1, 7:38am
Isn't that the good old Sante Biscuit recipe made larger from the humble Edmonds Cookbook, with choc chunks instead of choc chips!

alibeli, Nov 1, 7:39am
Annabels recipe I mean, not the recipe above my first post :-)

gillybean, Apr 25, 12:38pm
Help my mixture looks like breadcrumbs what should it look like - amateur baker-