Really BASIC Question Re: Bacon&Mushroom Fettucine

lyl_guy, Jan 8, 3:16am
OK, I have bacon, mushrooms, garlic, spring onions, grated courgettes, cream, wine, and fettucine (as well as fresh herbs to throw in at the end).My mind has gone totally blank about the order in which to do this so that my bacon is crisp (fry separately?), the mushrooms are not mushy, and the courgettes aren't decimated!!How would you do this, and do I just chuck in some cream and wine to make the sauce at the end?Suggestions Please?TIA!!

crails, Jan 8, 3:23am
Fry each ingredient seperately

lyl_guy, Jan 8, 3:38am
cool, thanks... it would be ok to do the garlic/spring onions together though eh?Then everything else separate..... and the creamy wine sauce.... separate too?

ant_sonja, Jan 8, 3:46am
Start by sautéing the bacon until it has just about reached the 'crunchiness' you desire, add the spring onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook for a further couple of minutes. De glaze with the wine, stir well adding the grated courgette. Finish off by pouring in the cream, bring to a quick simmer cook for another minute or two. Turn off heat, stir through herbs and cooked fettucine. Enjoy :-)

lyl_guy, Jan 8, 3:53am
Aww, thanks so much... I can follow a recipe, but I'm a bit of a noob when left to my own devices, lol!

ant_sonja, Jan 8, 3:57am
no problem - I'm mostly the other way around lol

lyl_guy, Jan 8, 8:33am
Mmmm.... turned out SO yummy following your steps sonja!Added a handful of fresh parmesan cheese to the sauce at the end, and a good grind of black pepper.... OMG it was Goood.Love the way the wine 'deglazed' the pan, lol...I still get a thrill from things like that, as I'm a reforming 'premade sauces' cook, lol!

ant_sonja, Jan 8, 8:49am
Awesome :-) glad you enjoyed your dinner!

greerg, Jan 8, 9:28pm
Keep reforming lyl_guy - lots of satisfaction to come.I remember a young male flatmate of my daughter's who had lived out of jars and on takeaways in a previous flat being so excited the first time he made lasagne from scratch - kept telling people that he had made "two sauces at the same time".He cooks quite a variety of things now and seldom reverts to jars and packets - although they're still a handy standby at times.

jerrytravis, Jan 15, 4:42pm
i love making pasta from scratch. i saw Masterchef on thursday when the contestants were making Spaghetti Cabanara. inspired me to get in the kitchen straight away and create my own version with homemade noodles using the ole pasta machine.
was devine!