Goldpack Christmas Cake Please.........

bazmarl, Jan 4, 11:42pm
I lost my Goldpack Christmas Cake recipe and had to make one out of the recipe book this year but it just wasn't the same. I had the original old packet with the recipe on the back and can't find itso has anyone got the recipe please:-)

cookessentials, Jan 4, 11:56pm
Is this it?

3pkts goldpack fruit mix ,1/2 tsp salt,
2cups water ,1 tblsp golden syrup,
2 cups brown sugar,3 eggs,
250 grams butter ,2 tblsp sherry,
1tsp mixed spice,3 cups flour,
1tsp baking soda,2 tsp Baking powder,

Combine fruit, water, brown sugar, butter, spice, soda and golden syrup in a large saucepan. Bring to boil with stirring and simmer covered fro 10 mins.
Allow to cool, with occasional stirring.When cold add the well beaten eggs and sherry. Mix well and fold in the sifted flour, baking powder and salt. Place into a well greased and lined 23 cm square cake tine and bake at 160c for aout 2 1/2 - 3 hours

korbo, Jan 5, 1:27am
x1
I have made this for the past 15yrs, except i change the water for port, brandy,orange juice, gingerale, whatever takes my fancy, not 2 cups tho, just one and the other one water.

bazmarl, Jan 5, 5:52am
Thank youfor the recipes, I'm going to have to make one.

dollmakernz, Jan 5, 7:20am
I've been making the same one for many years too, its easy and always turns out great. I put a lot more fruit in and at least half a cup of sherry though

bunny51, Jan 5, 8:00am
HOw big are the packets of fruit? (Don't remember seeing gold pack fruit and I would like to try making thecake) thansks

guest, Dec 9, 2:16am
Just wondering about the size of the Goldpack fruit mince anyone? I want to make this cake again too but can't find the packets anywhere. Thought I'd use another brand (sorry Goldpack!) Thanks

emmie_shaw, Dec 17, 7:08am
Goldpack Fruit was in 400 gram packets.

Thanks for the recipe. I too had the recipe on the original back of the packet but also seem to have misplaced it. I know it is somewhere with my recipes. I guess the moral of this story is to write recipes into THE book.

Thanks anyway,