Whats a nice way to have prawns ???

Page 2 / 3
prawn_whiskas, Dec 31, 9:18pm
If you go to youtube theres a couple of channels and many clips that show you where and how they are grown.If that don't make your tummy heave I don't know what will.

cookessentials, Dec 31, 9:21pm
I'll just wait for the Crystal Bay,tiger and banana prawns in Cairns.

uli, Dec 31, 9:26pm
Not everyone is so rich that they can fly to Cairns - and then eat there too. So the the above specials are more affordable for most. Have a good trip and enjoy the tigers and bananas.

0800xford, Dec 31, 10:46pm

cookessentials, Dec 31, 11:06pm
whats YOUR problem? you have been like this for days, well, actually, scrub that...you are ALWAYS like this.
We certainly will enjoy the trip, thanks.

cookessentials, Dec 31, 11:08pm
and not everyone can afford those either.

0800xford, Dec 31, 11:16pm
could you not get an aquarium or 'large water vessel' and make your own mini prawn farm?
you'd just have to figure out how to breed them and how not to kill them etc

cookessentials, Dec 31, 11:23pm
now theres a thought LOL.

ant_sonja, Jan 1, 1:17am
Just went to countdown and stocked up on a bunch of Aussie (Banana) prawns! Thanks for the heads up - never read the junk (oops I meant advertising) pamphlets so most likely wouldn't have noticed :-) Some are thawing now for tonight to have with Greek salad & lamb steaks & home made baguette.

nzbadger, Jan 1, 1:24am
Had some last nite on BBQ after reading this thread.
I put them onto skewers & they were easy as to turn then.
I used the Sesame oil/brown sugar & Red Curry mix someone suggested. Added more chilli flakes. Very Yummy!

elliehen, Jan 1, 4:38am
I recommend that you make an educated guess when you meet an unfamiliar word - that's what educated people usually do.It could even be a foreign word that's in the process of being anglicized.

Or you could just really know what the word is but pretend you don't, for your own amusement??It's up to you.

uli, Jan 1, 5:00am
oh ellie - you're back - you were already missed somewhere ... :)
a happy New year to you too ...

uli, Jan 1, 5:01am
if you are near Taupo next time - have a look here:

http://www.hukaprawnpark.co.nz/

They have figured it all out for you how to breed them. Last i heard they were going up to Northern Europe and set up a farm or 10 there too.

cookessentials, Jan 1, 5:02am
Coriander,lime and ginger dipping sauce

1kg fresh-cooked whole Crystal Bay Prawns
1 bunch of coriander
1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 birds-eye chilli, de-seeded
2 teaspoons palm sugar
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon peanut oil

Process corainder in a food processor until finely chopped, and then add the remaining ingredients and process until they are well combined.

cookessentials, Jan 1, 5:10am
effcee...here is a link to Queensland Prawns with some great recipes and ideas for you.

http://www.queenslandprawns.com/prawnrecipes.html

uli, Jan 1, 5:24am
I wonder how the Queensland Prawns cope with the flooding?
They might have all escaped by now :)

elliehen, Jan 1, 5:50am
Zum neuen Jahr, die besten Wünsche :)

uli, Jan 1, 6:04am
It is getting better and better ellie!

2011 will be so nice on these boards - happiness will abound no doubt - how can it not - after all those "besten Wünsche" AND a lovely heart just for me.

nauru, Jan 4, 8:46am
Does that mean the end of your snide remarks and that you are going to nice for a change Uli???

0800xford, Jan 4, 9:37am
inside everyone is a suburban prawn farmer screaming to get out, cool site.

uli, Jan 4, 11:40pm
I am always nice - as in helpful - maybe not nice as in saying "here here - all will be well ..." :)

kujo6, Aug 4, 11:38pm
uli wrote:
Well - since I know how those "lovely" chinese/vietnamese/thai etc prawns are "made" - I entirely refuse to buy them.]

I know this is an old thread but Im really curious about this how prawns are made, i can't seem to find info on youtube can someone pls direct me. thanks

davidt4, Aug 5, 12:39am

kujo6, Aug 5, 1:06am
thanks for that, had a good read now looking for some footage or something i can watch

mc134, Aug 5, 1:29am
Prawns lightly sauteed in sage butter. Orgasm.

or

Prawns with tin tomatoes, mint sauce, camembert and garlic. OH.MY.GOD