How do you cook your prawns

sooseque, Jan 1, 1:43am
sarahb5 do you marinate them in the shell ? as I wouldn’t have thought that would work

sarahb5, Jan 1, 1:49am
Yes in the shells - why wouldn’t it work?

buzzy110, Jan 1, 3:06am
That sounds lovely. I'm going to do that next time.

sarahb5, Jan 1, 3:34am
So easy - doing them tonight but peeled and threaded on skewers before cooking. I’m using fresh chilli but you can used dried chilli flakes if you don’t have fresh

buzzy110, Jan 3, 4:22am
I like the look of this variation as well. I have some peeled prawns in the deep freeze which will work well with this variation.

twindizzy, Jan 3, 11:20pm
sweet chili and soy

blueviking, Jan 4, 5:03am
If you're going to shell prawns yourself I'll let you into a secret a mate told me on how to do them quickly.
Break the body off, peel the 1st 2 scales off and then pinch at the tail and the meat just pops out, as long as they are not old. before they gave me gout, I ate them all the time and could do around 4 to everyone elses 1.I miss them, seeing as my local pak'n has the big Argentinian ones quite reasonable.

gabbysnana, Jan 11, 7:01am
Use kitchen scissors, first take frozen prawns put in water bath of salt. Rip off head. Cut off tail. Scisdor up the back, at the same time deveining it, pull whole shell off, next and so on.

cottagerose, Dec 24, 6:26am
I bought Australian king prawns in their shells to cook Christmas Day but Ive never cooked them before and don't know how best to down them
I've googled it but there's so many answers.
I like the idea of barbecuing them and having a garlic butter flavour. Do I take out of shells and devain them first. ?

flier3, Dec 24, 7:15am
Directions

Peel prawns, leaving tails intact; devein.
Finely chop parsley. Place in a bowl and combine with oil, sauce, juice, honey, garlic and chives.
Add prawns, stir until combined. Cover, refrigerate at 1 hour.
Cook prawns on a preheated barbecue grill for 3 minutes or until just cooked through, turning once.

I cut and pasted this from Google. Hope it helps you - haven't done them myself. Merry Christmas to you

flier3, Dec 24, 7:17am
2 1⁄2 lbs green king prawns
1⁄4 cup fresh parsley sprig
1⁄4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives

Oops - here is the recipe!

cottagerose, Dec 24, 7:07pm
Thankyou flier3

flier3, Dec 24, 7:16pm
Have a very Merry Christmas!

blueviking, Dec 24, 9:18pm
Throw them on the BBQ whole and serve when while still warm. Let people peel their own. If your going to peel them and devein them, then you may as well buy prawn meat and save the hassle.

sarahb5, Jan 15, 9:05am
I marinate mine in fresh ginger, chilli and olive oil then cook whole on the BBQ until they turn bright pink - we have a side burner so can cook them on there in a cast iron pan if there’s other stuff on the hot plate