Any Easy Fudge Recipe's Chocolate or Russian

goolia, Dec 27, 12:31am
Hi Does anybody have any easy Chocolate or Russian Fudge recipes?

margyr, Dec 27, 12:38am
x1
From another thread; Dead easy and a no fail one.. and a no beat one ..lol

In a pot boil 1 Cup Sugar, 1/2 Cup Cocoa (I use a bit less) 1 Tbsp Golden syrup, 125 gr Butter and 1/4 cup Milk. Boil all for 3 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat add 1 teasp vanilla and 2 and 1/2 cups sifted Icing sugar. Pour into greased dish. (grannypam)

dollmakernz, Dec 27, 3:23am
Russian Fudge

Condensed milk gives this fudge extra richness.
3 cups sugar, ½cup milk, ½ x200g can condensed milk, 2 Tbsp golden syrup
125g butter, cubed. 1 tsp vanilla, ½-1 cup chopped walnuts(optional)
Combine first five ingredients in a high-heat resistant microwave (12 cup capacity) bowl or large saucepan. Microwave on high, stirring every 2 minutes or cook over moderate
heat, stirring continuously, until either mixture forms a soft ball, for about 15 minutes.
Remove from microwave oven or stovetop. Add vanilla and~wa1nuts and beat for 4-5 minutes until mixture starts to thicken. Pour quickly into 20cm pan lined with a strip ofbaking paper. Leave until firm. Tip from pan then cut into squares.

Microwave Chocolate Fudge

100g butter, cubed.¼cup milk, 2tsp vanilla essence, 4 cups sifted icing sugar,
½cup cocoa, ½-1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Measure butter, milk, and vanilla into a microwave proof bowl. Add sifted icing sugar and cocoa. Microwave on high for 2 minutes then remove and beat until smooth. Stir in nuts if used. Pour into a loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper. Refrigerate several hours or freeze. Leave overnight for easiest cutting. Variation: Replace 1tsp vanilla with 1tsp rum essence.

tjharris, Dec 27, 10:41pm
i use the russian fudge recipe on the chelsea sugar website.everyone loves it

cap, Dec 27, 11:17pm
x2
I like Alison Holst's Fabulous Microwave Fudge (like Russian).I find with my micorwave 7 minutes is perfect (9 minutes and it goes more like chewy toffee) and it is definitely better the next day if you can wait.

100g butter1 cup sugar1/4 cup golden syrup

1 can (400g) sweetened condensed milk1 tsp vanilla extract or essence

Mix all ingredients except vanilla in a large flat bottomed casserole** or a batter bowl resistant to high heat, (a bowl that has handles,is quite good as it makes it easy to move around, without needing oven gloves).

Microwave on High (100%) power for 7-9 minutes, stirring after 2, 4, 6, and 7 minutes.At the end point all the sugar should have dissolved, the mixture should have bubbled vigorously all over the surface, and a small amount of the mixture should form a soft ball when dropped into cold water. (I usually cook it a bit longer than 9 minutes, it depends on your microwave wattage) Add vanilla extract.The mixture should be a nice caramel colour, don’t worry if mixture looks slightly curdled or buttery.Beat with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes or until the mixture loses its gloss and the trail from the spoon starts to remain in the mixture.Pour into a baking paper (or freezer wrap) lined 20cm (8”) square tin.Let stand about an hour and then cut into squares.Mixture should be creamy, with a melting texture.Fudge will be firmer the next day.

chrissyb1, Dec 28, 6:03am
x1
I use the Edmonds cook book recipe, Never had a problem with it.

marley, Nov 8, 4:17am
These recipes sound great. My son and I are going to do this as a fundraiser. My brother is going ot take bags for us into his job and sell them to workmates. Alot of people have already agreed to buy some so its cool however we will try to make about 20 little for a Monday morning and the plan is that they sell all that day - however if they dont - how long will the fudge keep. We want to put them in little brown paper bags that are lined with the waxed paper! They will look prettier and wont expose any light to the fudge however if they dont sell that day would should I get my brother to either bring them home and put infridge and take back or leave in staff fridge! (THats pending that they are all decet honest people and wont thieve a bag! hahaha)

juliewn, Nov 9, 10:57am
They'd be fine for a few days. I'd keep them in a fridge overnight.

bev00, Nov 9, 12:08pm
sweet treats for Christmas gifts .

korban, Nov 9, 2:00pm
Don't keep the fudge in the fridge, just store in an airtight container out of the light.

vampiriousmist, Nov 9, 7:42pm
Can I use caster sugar or brown sugar for fudgeor is it better to use "normal" sugar !

sarahb5, Nov 9, 9:53pm
Can't beat Nigella's chocolate and pistachio fudge - quick and easy to make - although as she says purists probably wouldn't call it "proper" fudge but it is pretty much no fail.I also add cranberries for a bit of Christmas colour so 100g of pistachios and 50g of dried cranberries.It freezes well and you can eat it straight from the fridge if you want to.

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/chocolate-pistachio-fudge-96

accroul, Nov 9, 10:22pm
Nigella would be correct.

sarahb5, Nov 9, 10:24pm
Tastes amazing though so who cares!

goolia, Dec 28, 12:31am
Hi Does anybody have any easy Chocolate or Russian Fudge recipes!

margyr, Dec 28, 12:38am
From another thread; Dead easy and a no fail one. and a no beat one .lol

In a pot boil 1 Cup Sugar, 1/2 Cup Cocoa (I use a bit less) 1 Tbsp Golden syrup, 125 gr Butter and 1/4 cup Milk. Boil all for 3 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat add 1 teasp vanilla and 2 and 1/2 cups sifted Icing sugar. Pour into greased dish. (grannypam)

cap, Dec 28, 11:17pm
I like Alison Holst's Fabulous Microwave Fudge (like Russian).I find with my micorwave 7 minutes is perfect (9 minutes and it goes more like chewy toffee) and it is definitely better the next day if you can wait.

100g butter1 cup sugar1/4 cup golden syrup

1 can (400g) sweetened condensed milk1 tsp vanilla extract or essence

Mix all ingredients except vanilla in a large flat bottomed casserole** or a batter bowl resistant to high heat, (a bowl that has handles,is quite good as it makes it easy to move around, without needing oven gloves).

Microwave on High (100%) power for 7-9 minutes, stirring after 2, 4, 6, and 7 minutes.At the end point all the sugar should have dissolved, the mixture should have bubbled vigorously all over the surface, and a small amount of the mixture should form a soft ball when dropped into cold water. (I usually cook it a bit longer than 9 minutes, it depends on your microwave wattage) Add vanilla extract.The mixture should be a nice caramel colour, don’t worry if mixture looks slightly curdled or buttery.Beat with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes or until the mixture loses its gloss and the trail from the spoon starts to remain in the mixture.Pour into a baking paper (or freezer wrap) lined 20cm (8”) square tin.Let stand about an hour and then cut into squares.Mixture should be creamy, with a melting texture.Fudge will be firmer the next day.