DIY blue vein cheese

Page 4 / 5
toadfish, Jan 31, 7:42am
Ok I have been forced to go against my golden rule & post a response......

Valentino stay just the way you are, friendly, helpful and informative...A joy to read and an asset to the message board.

As opposed to being incredibly rude and socially inept.

valentino, Jan 31, 7:45am
Thank you both elliehen and charlieb2,

I can't somehow match the very low standards of referring to certain things like others can, as noted, I rather be just me, as I'm known to be.

If one cannot communicate and accept me as I am then don't bother communicating with me, Thank you.

I just carry on as I see things, after - all, that is how each one of us is known, and not be caught up with quoted texts to suit.

Cheers.

lindylambchops1, Jan 31, 7:47am
Shurrup!!!!all of you!!!!This thread is about DIY Blue Vein Cheese!!!!

charlieb2, Jan 31, 7:53am
Yes, indeed it is!!!

Glad you had success with it, very interesting reading!

valentino, Jan 31, 8:12am
Agreed, and stay with it.

Cheers.

elliehen, Jan 31, 10:55pm
That's Our Valentino :)

Let us know later on when you try it how the blue cheese goes - it's a favourite, and a little wedge can disappear at one sitting.

buzzy110, Feb 1, 12:01am
Very interesting especially from someone who has not been slow in pulling me up and criticising my syntax and punctuation. Must be a selective thing. OK for valentino to ramble on incomprehensibly, sprinkling unneeded and incorrectly used 'whom' about with gay abandon, but not acceptable for me to make obscure and unknown punctuation and syntax errors!!!

Sorry for the hijack. Won't do it again unless....!

lindskii, Dec 23, 11:45pm
I've just made about a kilo of this and it's very easy and, of course, cheap.

Buy a block of mild cheese and a wedge of blue vein.Grate the mild into a plastic bag, adding the blue from time to time.Add about a tsp of salt and, when all the cheese is grated, close the bag and shake it to distribute the salt evenly.

Then squeeze the air our out the cheese, kneading it like dough on the kitchen banch.When you've done that, store the cheese on a shelf in the kitchen or anywhere at room temperature for about a week or until it looks/smells/tastes right. Then keep it in the fridge.

I've added cream a couple of times during the process as the fat content of some of the better blue cheeses seems to be higher than standard cheese.The result is good and certainly cheaper than standard blue vein but Whitestone Windsor Blue from Oamaru still takes the prize.

popelka1, Dec 24, 12:06am
I'm trying that! We go nuts for blue cheese here lol

uli, Dec 24, 12:20am
Grated mixed cheese .

lindskii, Dec 24, 12:53am
The pressure pushes it together but still leaves some air passages for the blue vein mould to propogate.It's not grated mixed cheese, the mould works on the cheddar and converts it to a tastier cheese - that's why you need to refrigerate it when it's done and it does have a limited life in the fridge.

fifie, Dec 24, 1:34am
Sounds great will have to try that thanks for sharing. Have just received a lovely big piece of whitestone blue from Oamaru, yum yum love the stuff. Merry Xmas.

charlieb2, Jan 31, 6:42am
Good on you valentino.

One must try to humour the masses.

buzzy110, Jan 31, 7:18am
Oh I am well humoured, especially when unneeded whoms, areare tossed around like confetti and we are all treated to strings of words, which when put together, lead to total incomprehensibility.

". rather stay as I am and think this as a "Recipe" message board thinking of assisting those whom appreciate it or assist me."

Sigh. You stay as you are valentino because to try and improve is just not the done thing, is it!

charlieb2, Jan 31, 7:22am
Honestly buzzy. with the disdain you frequently show for other Messageboard posters. I'm surprised you can bring yourself to read the boards at all.

valentino, Jan 31, 7:45am
Thank you both elliehen and charlieb2,

I can't somehow match the very low standards of referring to certain things like others can, as noted, I rather be just me, as I'm known to be.

If one cannot communicate and accept me as I am then don't bother communicating with me, Thank you.

I just carry on as I see things, after - all, that is how each one of us is known, and not be caught up with quoted texts to suit.

Cheers.

lindylambchops1, Jan 31, 7:47am
Shurrup!all of you!This thread is about DIY Blue Vein Cheese!

charlieb2, Jan 31, 7:53am
Yes, indeed it is!

Glad you had success with it, very interesting reading!

valentino, Jan 31, 8:12am
Agreed, and stay with it.

Editing to add that I have got some fresh milk which was frozen immediately to try later on when seasonal air temperatures are more favourable to try other cheeses including other types of blue cheeses including yoghurt based.

Cheers.

elliehen, Jan 31, 10:55pm
That's Our Valentino :)

Let us know later on when you try it how the blue cheese goes - it's a favourite, and a little wedge can disappear at one sitting.

buzzy110, Feb 1, 12:01am
Very interesting especially from someone who has not been slow in pulling me up and criticising my syntax and punctuation. Must be a selective thing. OK for valentino to ramble on incomprehensibly, sprinkling unneeded and incorrectly used 'whom' about with gay abandon, but not acceptable for me to make obscure and unknown punctuation and syntax errors!

Sorry for the hijack. Won't do it again unless.!

uli, Feb 1, 7:33am
Having made both camembert/brie and blue vein cheese in the last 2 months with a mix of goats and cows milk - I thought to bump this thread up to see if any of the followers can shed some light onto their own efforts.

Did any of the lindylambchops1 cheeses amount to being edible!
If yes - let us know what the best recipe was.

lindskii, Feb 2, 8:53am
More than happy to report I've done both.Have for years.That's why I suggested it to others.

mwood, Feb 3, 12:33am
OK I see some confusion in the previous postings - "lindskill" do you take the cheese out of the bag after kneading it ! Do you put it on a plate, for instance, and leave it exposed uncovered on the shelf to mature !

lindylambchops1, Feb 3, 1:28am
yeah come on lindskii we still need our questions answered!It was fun & I want to do it again.