A Real Easy Basic Smoked Chicken Salad With Pasta

darkestangel1, Dec 20, 6:39am
Any recipes would be good - please and thanks!

sheepfarmer, Dec 21, 6:02am
I had one but have lost it.Anyone have one???

noonesgirl, Dec 21, 7:57am
cutex posted this one. check out l/h mesage board. key in chicken pasta salad & in date posted put anytime. heaps of recipies there.

3 pounds Chicken, Cooked And Diced/shredded
* 6 ounces, weight Dry Pasta, Cooked And Drained
* 4 whole Ribs Celery, Thinly Sliced - Leaves Included (use Interior Ribs)
* ¾ cups Golden Raisins
* ¾ cups Slivered Almonds
* ½ cups Mayonnaise
* ½ cups Sour Cream
* 1 cup Heavy Cream
* 3 Tablespoons Curry Powder, More Or Less To Taste
* 1 Tablespoon Sugar, More Or Less To Taste
* 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
* Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Preparation Instructions

Boil chicken to cook. Boil pasta in chicken broth.

Dice/shred chicken. Drain pasta.

Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, heavy cream, curry powder, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk together until well combined.

Combine chicken, drained pasta, sliced celery, raisins, and almonds in a large bowl. Pour curry dressing over the top. Fold together with a rubber spatula. Make sure it’s all combined, then add more of whatever it needs. Make sure the sweet/savory balance is right for you! (I like mine a little sweet.)

Chill for several hours. Serve with juicy grapes on the side.

mycd123, Oct 27, 12:37am
Any more ideas please.

rainrain1, Oct 27, 12:52am
maybe you could adapt this recipeto suit

2 cups uncooked shell pasta
2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix (recipe to follow)
1/2 cup cooked bacon crumbled
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 cup good mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups chopped ham, cooked chicken or turkey
2 tomatoes cut into small pieces
1/2 cup grated cheese
Lettuce for serving

Cook the pasta and rinse with cold water. Add to all the other ingredients except lettuce and stir well. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Serve on a bed of lettuce.

Homemade Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix

2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp pepper

Add each of the dried spices to a bowl and gently stir. Store in a re-sealable plastic bag or jar with tight fitting lid.

To make the ranch dressing, whisk together 1/3 cup mayonnaise with 1/4 cup milk (more or less depending on the consistency you want) and 1 tbsp of the homemade ranch dressing seasoning mix.

sarahb5, Oct 27, 1:05am
My basic pasta salad is pretty much pasta, capsicum, olives, pine nuts, cherry or sun dried tomatoes and red onion.To the basic mix I add the dressing while the pasta is still warm - sometimes use pesto, sometimes not - and then I add meat, fish or cheese.It works well with chorizo, smoked chicken, diced ham, tuna, prawns, smoked salmon, feta, brie, parmesan .Whatever is to hand really.

gerry64, Oct 27, 2:58am
have a look for cookessentials orzo salad recipe on here somewhere - its lovely

turtlet, Dec 20, 9:40am
Olive oil lemon juice balsamic and a great big scoop of pesto - best dressing ever for pasta. This is largely thanks to Jamie Oliver although I tend not to follow an specific amounts - just mix until it tastes great. Then add spinach, toasted pine nuts, cherry toms, chicken (smoked or otherwise) or not if you want a veggie option. the list is endless. Great party salad and nice warmed gently through (watch warming with chicken though!).

Posted by pom pom in a previous thread

sheepfarmer, Dec 21, 6:02am
I had one but have lost it.Anyone have one!