Your Xmas Day Menu

Page 3 / 3
fisher, Dec 27, 8:50pm
Well after changing my mind a few times.. we ended up having for 1.00pm lunch..Home made smoked broadbill Pate.. Smoked bluenose roe.. mussels on grill.. raw king prawns on skewers on BBQ.. various crackers and cheeses, nuts and chips with dips.. ... and oven baked ,skin on, herbed snapper SLABS from fish I had caught the evening before, prepared and salted.. (best fish was 14lb)..
7.00pm dinner was roast loin of pork (crackling was magnificent) with roast beetroot fresh from garden , roast pumpkin and mushrooms and jerseys from the garden just boiled and smothered with butter parsley sauce.. slices of ham on the side.. Then a HUGE herbed salad made up from everything I have growing in the garden.
Dessert was the proverbial pavlova with yukky strawberries and some nice cherries.. a lemon tart.. fruit salad.. whipped cream and ice cream.. All nicely spread out over the day with copious amounts ofbeers, wine, bourbons and rums..
Sis brought the desserts and I'm glad to say my prep time was from 9.00am till 12.00 noon on the day.. retired from it all now..Not doing anymore xmas dinners...:}

holly-rocks, Dec 19, 10:04am
I had a wonderful day! Had an early lunch at Mums as Dad started work at 2. We had free range baked ham, Oamaru jersey bennie potatoes, coleslaw ( from mums first ever garden! )smoked salmon, carrots, rice and a pasta salad. Desert was annabel langbein tiramisu, lemon cheese cake and fresh boysenberrys, strawberrys and raspberrys. My wee 1 year old nephew had a fun time at the table too >.< Tea was cheese and crackers :)