Where to buy a Shortbread mould

Page 3 / 3
lizyb, Dec 16, 11:10am
lost -in- oz-a pet hat !

lost-in-oz, Dec 16, 11:21am
Yeah.its one I wear everyday.

I groom it and feed it too :DLOL

And it should read pet HATE.Thanks for pointing that out though :o)

elliehen, Dec 16, 11:34am
My pet 'hat' is the omission or misuse of apostrophes ;)

"[It's] my pet hat when [it's] used.the [Queen's] English."

We all have our pet 'hats'.

lost-in-oz, Dec 16, 12:37pm
Meow!It was a spelling mistake.get over it.

sharee9, Dec 16, 5:26pm
lizyb thanks, I'll check it out.

sharee9, Dec 16, 5:38pm
Yes, I was using the English version.

sharee9, Dec 16, 6:02pm
If not the spoken word, listening to the teens in NZ.

rubyjane11, Dec 16, 9:08pm
I also have a scottish thistle one.and use it every christmasto continue a family tradition started by my scottish grandmother

lost-in-oz, Dec 17, 6:17am
Mold.Middle English molde, from Old French modle, molle, from Latin modulus, diminutive of modus, measure; see med- in Indo-European roots

But hey.whatever floats your boat.

sharee9, Dec 17, 6:47am
Don't make me come in there.

elliehen, Dec 17, 8:50am
lost-in-oz, you started the fun and games and we all just joined in.

We're all pussycats here :)

lost-in-oz, Dec 17, 3:55pm
Ellie.I can think of many more words to describe you.

Mouldy would be one :o)

elliehen, Dec 18, 4:36am
!

Do you have anything at all to say about shortbread!That's what this thread is about.

Or do you just have a mould/mold fetish!

It's safe to come back to NZ, lost-in-oz.All is forgiven - unless they stop you at the border ;)

elliehen, Dec 18, 6:16am
So much LOLOLOLOL smiling in so many year-old threads bumped just for mischief-making.

Just be sure that the old face doesn't crack ;)

graebalz, Dec 18, 6:45am
Hi there haven't read through all the posts but over the years I've bought several different types of wooden shortbread moulds from the local Scottish shop in Dunedin.Hope you can find some, they make your shortbread look awesome!

buzzy110, Dec 18, 7:00am
Well I personally think that someone should invent a whole new way of spelling mould/mold because it is one work that always confuses me.When I was growing up mould was the ONLY way to spell it and it stood for both the shapey thingy and the growing stuff. I have no idea why it had to become so confusing.

fauna1, Dec 18, 7:35am
Back to spelling:- Concise Oxford doesn't even mention 'mold', Collins and Chambers both give 'mould' with " (US mold)" for both meaningspattern or fungus.Main heading "mold" says'see "mould" '.I haven't got a NZ or Oz dictionary.Now I hope I haven't made a mistake in apostrophes or spelling!