Xmas menu's?

Page 1 / 2
wahinetoa62, Dec 5, 1:57am
so what is everyone having this year? I am having xmas dinner with my kids on xmas eve as we are off to timaru on the big day....so xmas eve with my lot and they will all stay the night for opening pressies and a nice brekkie then we go to timaru to the in laws with my adult kids doing their thing....I am lucky my better half is a chef so will be lots of lovely treats.....not sure of xmas eve but brekkie so far is french toast and fruit compote....we are taking pork belly, butterflied marinated lamb leg and a pasta salad to take on the day....

vintagekitty, Dec 5, 2:20am
I have no idea!, we bought a ham but its almost gone already, so will get another soon.
Im enjoying reading what others are having

tarankyle, Dec 5, 3:27am
We are having a small christmas this year and having ham, roast chicken with gravey ad a few different salads. I'm over been stuck in the hot kitchen doing all the hot food cooking so not doing roast vegies, lamb etc this year.

eastie3, Dec 5, 4:05am
I'm working on Christmas Day as is my DiL,so we are all having dinner together that night.Just a simple meal this year,cold meat and salad if this spell of gorgeous hot weather continues.Definitely some ham and either roast chicken or pork.I like the look of a roasted vege and couscous salad I saw Annabel Langbein put together last night,also some avocadoes,and lettuce from our garden.Pav and sherry trifle with fresh berries.All washed down with plenty of bubbles.

My grandson is 18mo now so I will bear that in mind when decorating the tree and not hang the baubles too low,so that he is not tempted to eat them as he does everything else that he gets his wee mitts on.

timetable, Dec 5, 4:48am
right we go all out, plan all year, i bake up and stock up a storm and then i don't have to cook for a week afterwards lol...
christmas eve antipasta: olives, gerkins, meats, pickled onions, crusteenies and spreads, chesse selection, smoked salmon, home made pate, garlic prawns, chargrilled peppers, dolamins, and getting shouted a crayfish!!

christmas day: baked ham (our own), turkey, new spuds, peas, festive couscus, carrots, nigella's christmas slaw, wild rice salad, fresh fruit salad, rolled pav, christmas pud, trifle, ambrosia, nibbles, dips etc, cheese board, punch etc.

we use christmas club, keep an eye on the specials and shop wisely that way we stock up and spread the cost out over the year...enjoy christmas everyone!!!

southerngurl, Dec 5, 5:00am
we go out for a lunch, then quiet bbq dinner at home..

chrisynz, Dec 5, 5:06am
pancakes, mixed berries, maple syrup , etc forbrekkie, nibbles through out the day, seafood cocktail, nibbles, chicken, lamb, roast vege salad, potato salald , mesulcan salad, bread rolls, stuffed eggs,nibbles. drink etc

chrisynz, Dec 5, 5:08am
dessert.. hubbys famous trifle. pav , fruit salad.. bbrandy snaps,,

alebix, Dec 5, 10:32am
Well from what I remember we will be having

roast lamb, pork and chicken
roast pumpkin, potato, kumera
peas,beans etc alll from the MILs garden.

Pavlova, xmas pud,trifle and other sweets such as truffles, coconut ice, rocky road, chips, dips, crackers etc.

juliewn, Dec 5, 1:48pm
Hi Timetable.. I was thinking of you earlier today, as I made shortbread, mince-tarts, etc.. I've seen your posts about making goodies early.. you're inspirational..

We used a similar antipasto platter for Christmas lunch last year with friends.. eaten outside.. perfect simplicity :-)

a_n_h, Dec 5, 8:24pm
we are doing the christmas thing with my family on christmas eve.
lunch will be

bbq lamb chops, sausages, roast chicken(i will shred) and some ham
pasta salad, potato salad, cole slaw, some rolls and bbq onions will be on the table too.
for dessert we will have
those mellowpuff christmas cakes, fruit salad, ice cream for the kiddies(and big kiddies) pav with cream, porfitoroles(cant spell, sorry) mince pies and christmas cake.

mattc12, Dec 6, 12:11am
We are doing christmas lunch for the families! This years is going to be about 25 people so we are putting on ham, lamb and spit roast chickens with roast veggies, salads and breads. Dessert this year is traffic light jelly and plum cheescake, mini pavs, decorated scoops of ice cream with lollies and choc sauce and trifle. Plus a few other things!!

wahinetoa62, Dec 6, 2:28am
i think for chrissy eve for the desserts we will have mixed berry jelly, cheesecake and a lemon curd mascapone trifle....meats will be ham, duck and beef with roast veges and fresh greens

wahinetoa62, Dec 5, 1:57am
so what is everyone having this year! I am having xmas dinner with my kids on xmas eve as we are off to timaru on the big day.so xmas eve with my lot and they will all stay the night for opening pressies and a nice brekkie then we go to timaru to the in laws with my adult kids doing their thing.I am lucky my better half is a chef so will be lots of lovely treats.not sure of xmas eve but brekkie so far is french toast and fruit compote.we are taking pork belly, butterflied marinated lamb leg and a pasta salad to take on the day.

tarankyle, Dec 5, 3:27am
We are having a small christmas this year and having ham, roast chicken with gravey ad a few different salads. I'm over been stuck in the hot kitchen doing all the hot food cooking so not doing roast vegies, lamb etc this year.

eastie3, Dec 5, 4:05am
I'm working on Christmas Day as is my DiL,so we are all having dinner together that night.Just a simple meal this year,cold meat and salad if this spell of gorgeous hot weather continues.Definitely some ham and either roast chicken or pork.I like the look of a roasted vege and couscous salad I saw Annabel Langbein put together last night,also some avocadoes,and lettuce from our garden.Pav and sherry trifle with fresh berries.All washed down with plenty of bubbles.

My grandson is 18mo now so I will bear that in mind when decorating the tree and not hang the baubles too low,so that he is not tempted to eat them as he does everything else that he gets his wee mitts on.

timetable, Dec 5, 4:48am
right we go all out, plan all year, i bake up and stock up a storm and then i don't have to cook for a week afterwards lol.
christmas eve antipasta: olives, gerkins, meats, pickled onions, crusteenies and spreads, chesse selection, smoked salmon, home made pate, garlic prawns, chargrilled peppers, dolamins, and getting shouted a crayfish!

christmas day: baked ham (our own), turkey, new spuds, peas, festive couscus, carrots, nigella's christmas slaw, wild rice salad, fresh fruit salad, rolled pav, christmas pud, trifle, ambrosia, nibbles, dips etc, cheese board, punch etc.

we use christmas club, keep an eye on the specials and shop wisely that way we stock up and spread the cost out over the year.enjoy christmas everyone!

southerngurl, Dec 5, 5:00am
we go out for a lunch, then quiet bbq dinner at home.

chrisynz, Dec 5, 5:08am
dessert. hubbys famous trifle. pav , fruit salad. bbrandy snaps,,

juliewn, Dec 5, 1:48pm
Hi Timetable. I was thinking of you earlier today, as I made shortbread, mince-tarts, etc. I've seen your posts about making goodies early. you're inspirational.

We used a similar antipasto platter for Christmas lunch last year with friends. eaten outside. perfect simplicity :-)

mattc12, Dec 6, 12:11am
We are doing christmas lunch for the families! This years is going to be about 25 people so we are putting on ham, lamb and spit roast chickens with roast veggies, salads and breads. Dessert this year is traffic light jelly and plum cheescake, mini pavs, decorated scoops of ice cream with lollies and choc sauce and trifle. Plus a few other things!

wahinetoa62, Dec 6, 2:28am
i think for chrissy eve for the desserts we will have mixed berry jelly, cheesecake and a lemon curd mascapone trifle.meats will be ham, duck and beef with roast veges and fresh greens

uli, Dec 6, 6:57am
bump for another year of Xmas menues.

lil_angel_kel, Dec 6, 7:44am
We have a super small xmas this year - so for lunch its just me, mum and Mr 3. So we are just doing roast lamb, roast veges, cauli bake, baby carrots and peas. Oh breakfast is going to be potato cases - pretty much grated potatoes with egg etc, and cooked in muffin tins to make cases, filled with crispy bacon, scrambled eggs and topped with chives, with roast vine tomatoes :) Haha not in a logical order - but desert is: http://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Apricot-and-Peach-Collision :)
We then have a HUGE boxing day with Mums family (60ish at least) so all take food, am doing chicken nibbles for the kids, roast vege and couscous salad, and peanut butter torte for desert :)

denise2, Dec 6, 9:55am
For breakfast on christmas day we always start off with pancakes with fried bacon,sliced bananas,blueberries and top them off with both golden andmaple syrup. Yummy !