Anyone got a yummy recipe for cheeseballs

uli, Dec 3, 9:47pm
bump for Christmas

shanf1, Dec 3, 11:14pm
Two very easy recipes and not too expensive.
tub cream cheese, grated cheese, fruit chutney [to suit taste]
roll into ball or log, roll in crushed nuts and refridgerate overnight.

tub cream cheese, small tin salmon, pkt maggi onion soup, lemon jiuce.
Mix into a ball roll.Decorate with pine nuts.Refridgerate overnight.

theanimal1, Dec 3, 11:16pm
Cheese Log.

60g cream cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, 1/3 cup mayonnaise (Best or Highlander Mayo is best), 200 g grated tasty cheese, 60g salami, finely chopped, 2 gherkins finely chopped, 2 spring onions finely chopped, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, 2/3 cup chopped nuts, vegetable sticks, lettuce leaves & crackers to serve, fresh herbs to garnish. Beat cream cheese, sour cream & mayonnaise in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in cheese, salami, gherkins, spring onions & chives, mix well. Shape mixture into a log / logs, roll in nuts. Wrap log/s in foil, refrigerate several hours or overnight until firm. Serve Cheese Logs with vegetable sticks, lettuce leaves & crackers. Garnish with fresh herbs

helen149, Dec 4, 1:13am
I would like to make one for christmas, have bought them, but I think homemade would be nicer.thanks

noonesgirl, Dec 4, 2:13am
Savoury Cheese Ball
Tasty cheese
125gr chopped am
1tsp curry powder
gratdonion
clove crushed garlic
2TBSPs gherkins (opt)
pkt onion soup
pinch cayenne peper
2TBSPs tomato soup
2TBSPs mayonaise
1tsp lemon juice
TBSP fresh chopped parsley
1/2c crushed nuts
Grate cheese, add ham, gherkins, onion, garlic, c/powder & pepper. Mix well then stir in liquids. Add parsley & roll in crushed nuts.
Chill before serving

rai5, Dec 4, 3:29am
I used to make then to take to work with crackers for shared lunches and they were always eaten fast - never any left over.

Punnet of Cream cheese, beat it to soften it and then add any of the following in any quantities that you have in the cupboard. Raisins or sultannas, strawberries, choc bits, slithered almonds, pineapple bits, dried apricots cut up and beat to mix. Roll into a ball and on more slithered almonds so the ball is covered. Wrap in glad wrap and pop in the fridge. Best made a day before its eaten to allow the flavours to go through it. Very Yum.

sumstyle, Dec 4, 6:26am
heh heh slithered almonds eh!

uli, Dec 4, 7:31am
or 125gr "chopped am" - in post #2.

helen149, Dec 4, 7:59am
sounds delicious but I was wanting a savoury one.Will hang onto this recipe though. Mmmmmmmmmm!!!

helen149, Dec 4, 8:00am
thanks sounds just what I'm after.

juliewn, Dec 5, 1:59pm
I saved this recipe from a post on here, to make this Christmas:

Christmas Cheese Mould

Use a smallish bowl (depending on how big you want it to be), and line it with glad wrap.

Cover the bottom of the bowl with sundried tomatoes, with the seedy side down so it will look pretty when you turn it out. Layer ingredients in this order...
Cream cheese, toasted pinenuts, basil pesto, cream cheese, pinenuts, sundried tomatoes, cream cheese, pinenuts basil pesto etc.
Until it's as big as you want it!
End with a layer of cream cheese and leave to chill overnight before turning out of the bowl and taking off the glad wrap.
Serve with selection of crackers and other yummy things.

The idea is that it's layered with red and green which is what makes it Christmassy and it's also very yum. Hope you like it!

Thanks to - julzienz (15 )8:50 pm, Fri 6 Nov #3

nanberrie, Dec 5, 8:16pm
Sounds great Thanks !!

bigboy01, Dec 6, 10:41am
yum......................

gojojo2, Dec 6, 10:45am
Bumping.... "am" ? Could it be ham? doesn't sound right

gojojo2, Dec 6, 10:47am
OK - just read the whole recipe - yup it is ham....unusual

uli, Nov 30, 10:32pm
bump again for another Xmas :)

lindylambchops1, Dec 1, 2:05am
Would chocolate almonds do!LOL

helen149, Dec 4, 7:59am
sounds delicious but I was wanting a savoury one.Will hang onto this recipe though. Mmmmmmmmmm!

helen149, Dec 4, 8:00am
thanks sounds just what I'm after.

juliewn, Dec 6, 1:59pm
I saved this recipe from a post on here, to make this Christmas:

Christmas Cheese Mould

Use a smallish bowl (depending on how big you want it to be), and line it with glad wrap.

Cover the bottom of the bowl with sundried tomatoes, with the seedy side down so it will look pretty when you turn it out. Layer ingredients in this order.
Cream cheese, toasted pinenuts, basil pesto, cream cheese, pinenuts, sundried tomatoes, cream cheese, pinenuts basil pesto etc.
Until it's as big as you want it!
End with a layer of cream cheese and leave to chill overnight before turning out of the bowl and taking off the glad wrap.
Serve with selection of crackers and other yummy things.

The idea is that it's layered with red and green which is what makes it Christmassy and it's also very yum. Hope you like it!

Thanks to - julzienz (15 )8:50 pm, Fri 6 Nov #3

nanberrie, Dec 6, 8:16pm
Sounds great Thanks !

gojojo2, Dec 7, 10:45am
Bumping. "am" ! Could it be ham! doesn't sound right

gojojo2, Dec 7, 10:47am
OK - just read the whole recipe - yup it is ham.unusual