What's your favourite truffle recipe?

Page 1 / 3
jimbob37, Dec 3, 3:37am
Tasted some prunes & port truffles today - just divine!And am going to try the mint slice and cream cheese ones soon too.Have also got a recipe for baileys balls and keen to try that. What's your favourite recipe?

joybells2, Dec 3, 5:14am
I love the prune and port ones too.Have also made them with apricots.

lindylambchops1, Dec 3, 5:30am
x1
This is a recipe from Jo Seagar, it's decadent and
> smooth and wonderful! PORT'N'PRUNE TRUFFLES...
> Melt 3 mins in microwave:
> 375 g chocolate melts 200g butter
>
> Then add:
> 20 chopped citrus prunes ¼ cup port 3 cups sifted
> icing sugar
>
> Mix until smooth. Chill in fridge until ready to
> roll into teaspoon balls. Place on tinfoil lined
> tray and chill in freezer. Then dip in melted
> chocolate.

supercook, Dec 4, 12:01am
edmonds cook recipe is good and easy!

griffo4, Dec 4, 12:49am
Where do you get citrus prunes from?

l looked in the Edmonds cookbook and there were no truffle recipes in that one

ayglepaygle, Dec 4, 1:34am
Could you make the prune truffles with plain prunes and add grated orange rind instead?

supercook, Dec 4, 1:56am
My book is quite old it's under sweets.

joybells2, Dec 4, 5:02am
Yes you can use plain prunes, I do and add the orange if you want, I have never been able to find the orange flavoured prunes in the supermarkets.

macandrosie, Dec 6, 12:11am
I have alos made the port & prune recipe. I just soak the prunes in orange juice for a while.

alebix, Dec 6, 3:39am
mine is simple and very adaptable

1 packet of biscuits like tim tams o=r plain round wines etc

100gm cream cheese, blitz together.

You can add fruit, booze, lollies etc to this recipe.

02kids, Dec 6, 8:17am
Baileys Balls, may I have recipe please

gojojo2, Dec 6, 11:00am
My daughter-in-law's perfect truffles:
Oreo Truffles
3 x packets of Oreo cookies
225g cream cheese at room temp
Melted chocolate (approx 200g)

Grind cookies in a food processor until fine/medium powder.
Mix in with the cream cheese with a hand beater until well mixed. (This takes some arm strength)
Roll into small balls and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
Dip into melted chocolate and chill until hard. Store in airtight container in fridge.
Simply DIVINE!

gardie, Dec 6, 4:43pm
Yes please too jimbob.

no1rides4free, Dec 6, 11:47pm
me 3!

hyborn, Dec 7, 1:28am
Me 2 please!i just made the ones with choco mint biscuits YUM!

245sam, Dec 7, 1:40am
There is a recipe for Bailey's Irish Cream Truffles amongst the Trademe Cooks recipes which can be accessed/downloaded from:-

http://www.e-ware.co.nz/downloads.htm

Scroll to the bottom of that page to find the TMC recipes).:-))

tarshlove, Dec 7, 7:39am
bumping for xmas truffles/ball ideas/ recipes

jimbob37, Dec 7, 8:13am
sorry all....here is the recipe that I have been given for Baileys balls...it came from someone on here!LOL

Baileys Balls

1 packet of vanilla wine biscuits (crushed fine)
200grams softened butter
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups of icing sugar
1 cup coconut
1 tsp vanilla ess
1 large block of caramello chocolate
4-6 tablespoons of baileys

combine the biscuit crumbs, cocoa, icing sugar, butter, coconut, vanilla ess and baileys - mix well (I often put chopped up apricots in them as well.)

Roll pieces of the mixture around a piece of caramello chocolate then roll in coconut. Leave to set in the fridge.

rozigurl, Dec 7, 8:42am
I just do they old school one. The crushed wine biscuits, 3 Tbsp Cocoa, Cup of coconut and then mix add 50g melted butter, drop of vanilla mix again then a tin or there abouts of condenced milk. Mix then roll into balls and roll in coconut. Works every time and is always a treat. You get super sticky fingers though when making it.

coolnzmum, Dec 7, 8:51am
I saw this on 4 ingredients facebook page, going to try it this weekend.

claudds, Dec 7, 10:42pm
rozigulum,um,um. niceandsimplemaytryforxmas.thanksfor
therecipe.

rozigurl, Dec 9, 1:30pm
I tried that oreo truffle recipe today. Man is it RICH! one is enough for me, normally I can gobble them down. But that one, so good. Im not so good at the chocolate dipping though, the chocolate kept on setting before I could roll enough in it and I had to keep on melting the chocolate enough so it wouldnt go lumpy. I managed to do 18 of the chocolate coated ones and then finshed the rest off with just rolling them in coconut. Nice recipe. However I think I might just stick to my original recipe as it is less sickening and you can indulge a little more in the sweeter things in life without feeling sickly. My one is more of a light biscuit fugde type truffle.

fec2003, Dec 9, 11:06pm
I've got two trays setting in the fridge.

One is the ginger sort - I added a good slug of Stones Green Ginger Wine to it - and it tastes lovely! I'm going to dip them in white chocolate. I didn't add the icing sugar, but put plenty of crystalised ginger in, so they have the sweetness from that. The white chocolate will add sweetness, too, without them becoming sickly.

The other tray is the chocolate mint variety. To them, I added Creme de Menthe! Again, it adds a new dimension and is lovely! There isn't enough booze in either truffle sort to cause any problems. I'll dip these in very dark chocolate.

Yesterday I made the condensed milk sort I always make - with pieces of marshmallow or moro bar in the middle! They're rolled in chocolate hail and everyone seems to love them!

Now I just need some fancy boxes to put the finished items in as gifts!

Does anyone have a coffee truffle recipe! I'm still in the mood for rolling balls!

elliehen, Dec 9, 11:14pm
NATASJA'S PEANUT BUTTER BALLS

Combine:
1 cup extra-chunky peanut butter
1 cup rice bubbles
1 cup sifted icing sugar
3 Tablespoons soft butter

Mix very well and roll into small balls.Put into fridge to chill for several hours.

Melt 375gm chocolate melts (instead I use 1 large block Whittaker's Dark Ghana 72% cocoa solids, to offset the sweetness)

Bring water to boil in saucepan, take off heat, fit bowl with broken chocolate on top, but don't let the bowl touch the water. Stir till melted - about 4 minutes.

Dip chilled balls in chocolate and put on baking paper. Chill in fridge, and keep stored there.

Notes:
+ I used a jar of Pic's salted peanut butter.
+ Natasja said she sometimes adds extra chopped roasted peanuts, though I haven't.
+ Always use good quality chocolate, not compound stuff (a friend used cheap melts and ended up with a lumpy finish).
+ I used two table forks to dip the balls in the chocolate but I think there is a gadget that probably makes a neater job.

guest, Dec 12, 7:45am
Thanks so much for that ! I had bought the orange prunes to make the port and prune truffles from a recipe book that I have, but have misplaced the book and am trying to get all my sweet baking done today ! So you have saved the day for me.