What's your favourite truffle recipe?

Page 2 / 3
guest, Dec 17, 1:55am
Thanks everyone, I too had lost my old recipe for Port and Prune Truffles. About to do my Christmas baking and needed it - just found it on this website - THANKYOU! Also, I have used orange flavoured liqueur (i.e. Contreau)instead of the port. Yummy.
Happy cooking

Grateful chef

gardie, Dec 17, 5:39pm
My favourite ones are the peanut butter ones (in a thread here) - they are absolutely beautifully and got rave reviews when I took them for a supper.Also made the mint slice ones using about 2/3 pack of budget wine biscuits to bulk them out (+ 2 pkts mint slice, 250g philladelphia cheese - the block one softened).They too were well received but the peanut butter ones are my favs.

rarogal, Dec 18, 3:12am
Here's my most favourite one - I'm a ginger lover!!

Ginger Cream Truffles
1 x 250g pkt Gingernut biscuits (or 20 gingernuts)
250g cream cheese (8oz), but not light or softened.
1 cup icing sugar
2tsp ground ginger
1 cup crystallised ginger, chopped
1-2 x 375g pkts dark choc melts

Crumb the ginger nuts in a food processor. Add cream cheese, icing sugar & ground ginger. Mix until well combined then pulse in crystallised ginger.
Roll mixture into balls of desired size (large cherry size makes about 40) and place on tray lined with baking paper.
Chill in the freezer for at least an hour (Can be stored in freezer at this stage for up to 3 weeks).
Melt choc as per packet instructions.Using a dipping fork plunge the truffles into melted choc, shake off excess, and carefully place on a sheet of non-stick baking paper. Store in a cool place, but not in fridge.

2sparrow, Dec 18, 3:26am
The Jo Seagare port n prune truffle receipe suggests Sunsweet Orange Prunes....this recipe is simply divine

alimick, Dec 18, 4:29am
If making the oreo truffles, would it be OK to use lite cream cheese?

eastie3, Dec 18, 4:35am
No,use the regular cc,not light/lite or spreadable for truffles.

alimick, Dec 18, 4:40am
OK thanks.It would be a terrible wasteif they were a failure so I will get the real stuff.

melissarosenz, Dec 18, 4:51am
omg.I'm going to have to try making the ginger nut ones, and the baileys ones.

skill, Dec 18, 7:20am
How do I find the peanut butter ones. They sound yum.

skill, Dec 18, 7:32am
haha just read it properly daha

dcbloomfield1, Dec 18, 8:52am
im not a port fan, any other suggestions?

gardie, Dec 19, 6:48am
I find the best cream cheese is the blocks of philladephia - in a silver packet.It is very firm, but softens beautifully and sets quite firm again.I find that most of them in the containers just don't set firm enough.

didorothy, Dec 20, 12:34am
How bout recipe for choc cake base truffles anyone. Got a massive bag choc cake in freezer. Great value from local bakery.

grimetoshine, May 1, 3:21am
Doe anyone no of a Peanut Butter and rum recipe for truffles! Then they are coated in Chocolate.

jimbob37, Dec 3, 3:37am
Tasted some prunes & port truffles today - just divine!And am going to try the mint slice and cream cheese ones soon too.Have also got a recipe for baileys balls and keen to try that. What's your favourite recipe!

lindylambchops1, Dec 3, 5:30am
This is a recipe from Jo Seagar, it's decadent and
> smooth and wonderful! PORT'N'PRUNE TRUFFLES.
> Melt 3 mins in microwave:
> 375 g chocolate melts 200g butter
>
> Then add:
> 20 chopped citrus prunes ¼ cup port 3 cups sifted
> icing sugar
>
> Mix until smooth. Chill in fridge until ready to
> roll into teaspoon balls. Place on tinfoil lined
> tray and chill in freezer. Then dip in melted
> chocolate.

bev00, Dec 3, 9:56am
" Fruit Mince Truffles
400gm dark chocolate, 2T cream 2T brandy, 2T fruit mince, 2T chopped almonds. Melt together 200gm of the choc with cream. Stir in brandy, fruit mince and almonds. Allow to cool & refrigerate until firm enough to roll. Take teaspoons of mix and roll into balls. Pop into freezer to firm up. Melt remaining chocolate to dip truffles into. This recipe is easily doubled. posted by rkcroft" :-))

"Apricot Brandy Truffles
2 1/2 cups round wine biscuits, crushed. 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup fruit mince, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/3 cup finely chopped apricots, 1tbsp cocoa, 2tbsp brandy, icing sugar for dusting. In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients except the icing sugar. Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and roll in icing sugar. Place balls on baking trays lined with baking paper and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight until firm. Keep in fridge until ready to use.
posted by grannyd" :-))

Quote245sam (33 )4:47 pm, Sat 3 Dec #2

There's one here called 'Fruity Truffles'.

http://guidegirlnz.wordpress.com/2011/05/04/girl-guide-biscuit-recipes/

Quoteelliehen (3913 )10:52 pm,

bev00, Dec 3, 10:12am
"Apricot Brandy Truffles
2 1/2 cups round wine biscuits, crushed. 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup fruit mince, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/3 cup finely chopped apricots, 1tbsp cocoa, 2tbsp brandy, icing sugar for dusting. In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients except the icing sugar. Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and roll in icing sugar. Place balls on baking trays lined with baking paper and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight until firm. Keep in fridge until ready to use. posted by grannyd

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES.
Sift together 3oz icing sugar, 2oz cocoa & 1tsp instant coffee. Add 2oz crushed chocolate biscuit crumbs. Fold in 2oz melted & cooled Kremelta, mix well. Add 1 tsp Vanilla essence and half a cup condensed milk. Mix until thick enough to roll. Roll into balls, then roll in chocolate sprinkles. Refrigerate until firm. posted by tippsey

Paradise Truffles
100g Butter ½ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk 1½ cups Paradise Muesli 1 cup Wine Biscuits (crushed) Melted white and milk chocolate to decorate Melt butter and condensed milk together until just melted. Add all other ingredients and combine well. Roll into small balls and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Melt white chocolate and pour a small amount over each truffle. Refrigerate for a further 10 minutes and drizzle melted milk chocolate over to decorate. For a not so sweet variation roll the mixture into small balls then coat in desiccated coconut and refrigerate. Best stored in the fridge. posted by sam924

Gail's Cherry Pom Poms
50g red cherries 1/3 cups condensed milk 2 cups coconut 2t cherry marnier or cherry essence 220g dark chocolate Process the first 4 ingredients till combined in food processor Melt chocolate and dip each pompom so only half is coated. Refrigerate.posted by hannah.daniels

Chocolate Rum Balls
Ingredients * 200 g plain sweet biscuit crumbs * 300 g NESTLÉ Cooking Chocolate, melted * 1/4 cup sultanas, chopped * 1/2 cup HIGHLANDER Sweetened Condensed Milk * 1/4 cup rum * 2 Tbsp golden syrup * 1 cup icing sugar * NESTLÉ Baking Cocoa, or finely chopped nuts Preparation Time: 25 minutes Makes: 30 Method 1. Place biscuit crumbs in a large bowl and add sultanas, melted chocolate, rum, golden syrup, condensed milk and icing sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined. 2. Using moist hands roll the mixture into small balls and then roll in the cocoa or chopped nuts. Set on a tray in refrigerator for 30 minutes. posted by sam924

Stale Cake Choc Hazelnut Truffles:
75gm whole hazelnuts, 400gm stale choc cake, 60ml Frangelico liqueur, 2T condensed milk. Roast hazelnuts in oven till toasted. Place in clean tea towel and rub to remove skins. Chop coarsely. Place in a bowl with the crumbled up cake, liqueur and condensed milk. Stir to combine. Use hands to roll into balls. You can coat in cocoa or dip into melted chocolate. posted by rkcroft"

cookessentials, Dec 3, 3:58pm
They are nice, however, I find them way too sweet and you can really pick up the icing sugar in them. I prefer ones with cake crumbs etc in them.far nicer.

dreamers, Dec 3, 7:58pm
My favorites are recipesI cut out of the herald many years ago .the base truffle is cream cheese,cocoa,icing sugar,coconut,dark choc,butter and from them you can make orange crunch,choc,cherry,rum and raisin,ginger and hazelnut and apricot and coffee.

griffo4, Dec 4, 12:49am
Where do you get citrus prunes from!

l looked in the Edmonds cookbook and there were no truffle recipes in that one

ayglepaygle, Dec 4, 1:34am
Could you make the prune truffles with plain prunes and add grated orange rind instead!

supercook, Dec 4, 1:56am
My book is quite old it's under sweets.

gojojo2, Dec 6, 11:00am
My daughter-in-law's perfect truffles:
Oreo Truffles
3 x packets of Oreo cookies
225g cream cheese at room temp
Melted chocolate (approx 200g)

Grind cookies in a food processor until fine/medium powder.
Mix in with the cream cheese with a hand beater until well mixed. (This takes some arm strength)
Roll into small balls and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
Dip into melted chocolate and chill until hard. Store in airtight container in fridge.
Simply DIVINE!

245sam, Dec 7, 1:40am
There is a recipe for Bailey's Irish Cream Truffles amongst the Trademe Cooks recipes which can be accessed/downloaded from:-

http://www.e-ware.co.nz/downloads.htm

Scroll to the bottom of that page to find the TMC recipes).:-))