Where to buy Bakels Truffle icing mix?

auntlb, Jan 4, 7:07am
Sclaredy_cat (or others) where do you purchase this please!I have contact Bakels but due to being weekend Im not expecting a call back til early next week
Thanks

melissa411, Jan 4, 7:32am
Toops sell it.

auntlb, Jan 4, 7:41am
Thx - Do Toops sell to the public!

sclaredy_cat, Jan 4, 7:43pm
I buy it straight from bakels, they deliver direct. I pay on invoice, and they are very quick to send it. But hey if you can get it from toops at same/cheaper I would be interested to know too :)

auntlb, Jan 4, 7:45pm
In looking at their website you have to be a 'supplier' to purchase from them - so hopefully Bakels will get back to me asap so I can get some in time!

sclaredy_cat, Jan 4, 8:17pm
If they're open Monday, you'll probably have it by Tuesday - hope this is soon enough, nothing like a bit of cake-panic to get the heart going!

auntlb, Jan 4, 8:20pm
Great - thanks!I was going to go for a drive to the Kapiti Pak N Save and see if they have it there - they stock all the bakels coloured fondants etc so may stock this too (in smaller quantities). Can you tell me approx how much you would use for 3 tier cake 14inch, 12inch and 10inch!

sclaredy_cat, Jan 4, 8:29pm
Ive never seen it on the shelf in supermarkets but maybe ask at the bakery section - they use it for those white chocolate muffins etc and may sell you some if you ask. I would be interested to know myself!

You will need a lot for those cakes - maybe 3 kg at least. But it will be a whole lot cheaper than making it, easier, and just as good. In fact I get asked for the recipe all the time ('old family secret' haha!)

sclaredy_cat, Jan 4, 8:31pm
actually just thinking about the roads today - bit crazy ATM - might be worth ringing them first unless you feel like a manic drive ;)

auntlb, Jan 4, 9:09pm
True forgot about the traffic!- thanks I will give them a call first.I had thought about 3kg would be right :-)

auntlb, Jan 4, 9:24pm
LOL - I rang and the person they put me through to said yes the use it in the bakery but don't sell it over the counter - she then suggested I use just white chocolate melts as it would be the pretty much the same!I will wait for Bakels to get back to me.Bakels were fantastic last time I got in touch - could even tell me exactly where in the particular supermarket I could find the product!

sarahb5, Jan 4, 10:34pm
I know our local cake maker and decorator sells it - perhaps you have a similar cake decorating shop near you or you could try contacting them and asking if they will send it to you.

http://humdingerscakes.com/contact/

auntlb, Jan 4, 10:39pm
Thx sarahb5 - I could try them too

sclaredy_cat, Jan 5, 3:16am
auntlb wrote:
LOL - I rang and the person they put me through to said yes the use it in the bakery but don't sell it over the counter - she then suggested I use just white chocolate melts as it would be the pretty much the same!I will wait for Bakels to get back to me.Bakels were fantastic last time I got in touch - could even tell me exactly where in the particular supermarket I could find the product![

Glad you didn't drive all that way then! If it were me I would hold out for Bakels, for me there would be no question of attempting to make 3 kg of ganache, but that's just me ;)
I am hoping you post pics of what you create!

auntlb, Jan 5, 4:33am
Yep glad we didn't drive there to find that they didn't have it - although I am not totally convinced the woman knew exactly what she was talking about as she did mention that maybe grocery had it - but she knew they didn't sell it through the bakery dept!Yes I will post photos once created :-)

makespacenow, Jan 5, 5:33am
Gilmours

da_seves, Jan 6, 12:35am
im sure you can just get it at gilmours.its been a while but thats where i use to get in when i use to bake cakes. good luck finding it

kay141, Jan 6, 1:22am
Problem is Gilmores is upper NI only and OP lives in Porirua. And even if you can get it online or by phone, the freight costs could be a problem.

kiwibubbles, Jan 7, 5:23am
Moore Wilsons sell it and they sell to the public