Truffle recipes please!

jascas, Jan 19, 8:12am

crails, Jan 19, 8:15am
I like the toffee pop/ timtam truffles. I used 3pkts of biscuits crushed to 1 pottle of cream cheese. Mix well roll into small balls then dip in melted chocolate. Another I tried but haven't made was, white chocolate ganache rolled into small balls then rolled into sliced almonds

unknowndisorder, Jan 19, 8:38am
kayla, I have bumped a thread, but also advise you to do a search, as there are lots of recipes already for yu to browse through. the one thing that might not be there that you are after, is the time they can be in the fridge, but maybe if you find a couple that you are interested in, post the question to the relevant person :)
Enjoy your day :)

nanasee1, Jan 19, 8:42am
125 grams soft butter
2 cups icing sugar
3 Tabs cocoa (or custard powder if wanting pale centres)
½ tea essence (use more if peppermint)
Blend, ball and fridge. Dip in chocolate or roll in hail or coconut as preferred.
I always use good quality essence rather than alcohol - safe for children and those with alcohol issues.
Easy to make gluten free by using GF icing sugar and custard powder (some GF folk react to essence but not many. You may need to check if you have GF guests.)

player_smurf, Jan 19, 11:06pm
Have an awesome easy Rum & Raisin Truffle Recipe if you're keen?

245sam, Jan 20, 7:15am
kayla113, here's a couple of options for you. I made both of these for the At Home Get Together the day after our daughter's wedding.

WHISKY TRUFFLES
1 cup (100g) plain sweet biscuit crumbs
½ cup each of icing sugar and coconut
4 tsp cocoa
¼ cup each of sultanas, chopped and Irish Cream liqueur e.g. Baileys
4 tsp each of honey and water
approximately ⅓ cup each of chocolate sprinkles (hail) and coconut
Combine the biscuit crumbs, icing sugar, coconut, cocoa and chopped sultanas. Add the liqueur, honey and water. Stir in, to mix well.
Roll 2 level teaspoons of the mixture into a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture to form about 35 balls; divide these into two batches and roll one batch in chocolate sprinkles (hail) and the other in extra coconut Refrigerate the truffles for several hours, or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Suitable to freeze.

CARAMEL GINGER BALLS
1 x 250g packet gingernut biscuits, crushed
½ cup each of desiccated coconut and chopped crystallised ginger
¾ cup Highlander Caramel
1 cup white melts
extra desiccated coconut
Combine the crushed biscuits, coconut and ginger in a medium bowl. Place the caramel and white melts in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring over low heat until the chocolate is melted and the ingredients are combined. Using moist hands roll the mixture into small balls and then roll them in the extra desiccated coconut. Set on a tray in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Makes 28 balls.
Alternatively the same mixture can be made into a slice and the top of it drizzled, if wished, with melted white chocolate, then cut into small fingers when set.

All the best for your big day and all the prep for it. :-))

wheelz, Jan 20, 7:39pm
I made 3 different flavoured truffles for my daughters wedding as favours for the guests. This recipe for White Chocolate Truffles was by far the most popular. Making them again for my nieces wedding next month.
200g white chocolate. 125g cream cheese. 1 tbsp maple syrup. 1 tsp vanilla essence. 1/4 c unsalted pistachios, chopped. 11/4 c coconut- divided measure. Melt chocolate over double boiler until smooth. Using electric beaters, beat chocolate with cream cheese, maple syrup and vanilla till smooth, stir in pistachios and 1/4 c coconut and combine well. Cover and refrigerate till firm. Shape into balls, golfball size and toss in extra coconut. Refrigerate till firm again. Makes 20.

duckmoon, Jan 20, 10:43pm
They freeze really well.

player_smurf, Jan 21, 5:32am
Kayla113. my recipe is 3 cups of icing sugar as well but you only make the truffles small! Here tis - 200gm butter melted slowly with 200 gms choc chips. Add 1/3 cup rum, 3 cups icing sugar and 1 cup raisins. Mix well and chill until you can shape mixture into small balls. Roll in choc hail or coconut and store in fridge.

uli, Dec 20, 8:06am
bump for Xmas

korban, Dec 20, 8:37am
Licorice Truffles

1 packet sweet biscuits, crushed
250 grams butter, softened
2 cups icing sugar
½ cup cocoa
300 g black soft eating licorice (I use RJs) cut into half cm pieces
2 bags chocolate melts

Crush the biscuits. In a large bowl place everything except the chocolate. Mix together.

Roll into walnut size balls. If the mixture is a little dry add some milk (I use Cointreau or Grand Marnier) to make the mixture more pliable.

Place balls in fridge until set.

Melt chocolate, dip the truffles in the chocolate and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Place in fridge to set.

Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.

korban, Dec 20, 8:38am
Mint Truffles

2 packets chocolate mint biscuits
1 packet plain biscuits
1 tin caramel condensed milk

Crush biscuits. Mix together. Roll into small balls.

Can roll in either chocolate hail or coconut.

These freeze well.

1879, Dec 21, 6:43am
has any one have a very simple truffle recipes