Quick truffle recipes.christmas is coming!

timetable, Sep 17, 9:48pm
hi all hope that i am not starting a thread that already exists. if so sorry LOL!

ok wanting ideas for quick truffle recipes that we can all share - christmas is not far away and with wee gifts for teachers, grandparents etc etc i thought that it might be a great idea to pop them in here - make in advance and freeze type of stuff.

starting off with the good old tim tam one - 2 pkts of any flavor tim tam or type of tim tam bickie - blitz to crumb in the food processor and then add in 1 tub of cream cheese - not lite but full. mix well and then into container and the fridge to chill down. roll into balls, layer in container between layers of gladwrap and freeze - and the you can choc dip them when frozen . these make a great stand by gift or quick out on the plate nibble when guest drop by. i usually make 4 lots different flavors just for a bit of variety.

samanya, Sep 18, 5:14am
I got this recipe from here, a long time ago (at the time is was called TM truffles) & I make them at Christmas. I have only ever used peppermint cream biscuits & they are certainly quick & easy (& sinfully delicious)

awoftam, Sep 18, 5:19am
Ohhhhhhhhhh both sound awesome! I am picking this Xmas may be a mixture of Indian and Kiwi so am trying to think of stuff they will all eat. I mean anything I make for my flattie gets scoffed (apart from the Thai salad I made that blew both our heads off and I rubbed my eye and was blind for 20 minutes as I couldn't open them they hurt so much LOL - I don't think either of us will ever forget THAT wee number!)

awoftam, Sep 18, 5:21am
I make some fruit ones by just blitzing dates, apricots, some orange juice and peel, 85% dark choccy, ginger etc and roll them in coconut. Bang them in the freezer.

samanya, Sep 18, 6:00am
Do you have quantities, or doesn't it matter . just add orange juice until it looks/feels right?
They sound extra good & the plus side is that no choccie dipping, still with the choccie fix.

samanya, Sep 18, 6:04am
Sorry I'm laughing, but with some empathy though.
I ignored the advice to use rubber gloves when preparing a big lot of home grown chillis for sweet chilli sauce & did much the same touched something near my eye , as well as having the stinging hands for quite a while, in spite of having washed them heaps.

awoftam, Sep 18, 6:11am
No, I just kind of throw them together and add in what I reckon will taste good (including bits of marshmellow) - you can see when they are malleable; underdo the juice as opposed to over in fact some fine peel will be all you need most times (depends on how dry the dates are).

samanya, Sep 18, 6:12am
Thanks, I like the sound of those.

awoftam, Sep 18, 6:15am
It was quite entertaining as every time I stood up from the table he stopped eating, (manners) and I would sit down again (I was so sore I didn't know what to do)and he would restart. Then he would be in the kitchen gulping water (which we both knew wouldn't work) and when I came out of the bathroom with a wet flannel stuffed under my glasses he completely lost it.

I knew not to do what I did just wasn't thinking. It was also a thai chilli so stupidly hot.

bubblegirlblack, Sep 18, 6:22am
So, Timetable, do you freeze them again after they have been chic dipped? How long will they keep in the freezer?
I would be keen to learn of other easy truffle recipes too as I should probably start getting organised too.

enchanted1, Sep 19, 3:19am
I use a plain arrowroot biscuit and do lemon rind/juice , apricot, baileys liquor, rum, whisky and then toffee pop ones. The citrus flavours I dip in white chocolate and the others in milk chocolate. Covers everyone at christmas.

rarogal, Sep 19, 3:52am
I make these frequently, if you're a ginger fan you might like to try them!

Caramel Ginger Balls
1 Packet Griffin's Gingernut Biscuits (crushed)
½ Cup Desiccated Coconut
½ Cup Crystallised Ginger (chopped)
¾ Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Cup White Chocolate Melts
Extra Desiccated Coconut

Instructions:

1. Combine the crushed biscuits, coconut and ginger in a medium bowl.
2. Place the condensed milk and white chocolate melts in a medium saucepan.
3. Cook over a low heat until the chocolate is melted. Mix into crumb mixture.
4. Using moist hands, roll the mixture into small balls and then roll in the extra coconut.
5. Refrigerate for at least ½ and hour.

samanya, Sep 19, 5:06am
Yum . I love ginger. I imagine that they'd freeze well?
I often give old people I know food gifts for Christmas as they have enough 'stuff' & treats that can be made ahead are always useful.

timetable, Sep 19, 9:04pm
no i just put them in containers in a cool dark place cos the choc sweats when you take them out of the freezer - i find the chilly bin in the garage works a treat! so i tend to choc dip the week before christmas and get them all done or just do batch's a couple of days before they are needed and then into celophane bags with their wee tags or into containers in the fridge and then bag as i need.

timetable, Sep 19, 9:06pm
so doing this one - yum yum! thank you for the recipe!

rarogal, Sep 20, 1:59am
I haven't frozen them but I'm sure you could! And timetable. you're welcome!

timetable, Sep 21, 5:55am
your recipe is way nicer than the one that i have used that is similar - and yeah i reckon that you could freeze them . have a great night!

nauru, Sep 21, 7:12am
I make a similar recipe and they freeze well so your recipe should too.

timetable, Sep 21, 9:57pm
bumping for some more recipes please!
93 days to go till turkey day LOL its comin up fast!

have a great day all

timetable, Sep 22, 7:00am
awesome!

pixiegirl, Dec 14, 1:45am
sounds good.

bev00, Nov 21, 1:59am
I have a Ginger Fudge Recipe never made truffles out of it but you could
try
Ginger Fudge
125 grams butter
175 grams brown sugar
1/2 a tin of condensed milk
1 packed of Wine Biscuits
60 grams to 125 grams of chopped ginger(I like less ginger)
125 grams chopped Walnuts
1 teaspoon of ginger

Melt butter and brown sugar and the condensed milk slowly until sugar has dissolved.
Fold in finely crushed biscuits.
Add ginger and nuts and chopped ginger.
Press into swizz roll tin,
Cut into fingers when set (find it easier to do before completely set.

nadineb (120 120 positive feedback) 9:01 pm, Mon 14 Dec #2
Sophies Surprises
1/2 packet gingernuts
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup coconut
150 grams cream cheese
2 tablespoons of sherry
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
100 grams preserved ginger
150 grams cooking chocolate

Crush biscuits then finely mix in the icing sugar,coconut,cream cheese,sherry and the ground ginger.
Using wet hand,roll mixture into small balls and put in fridge until firm.
Melt the chocolate over hot water or in short burst in microwave.
Drop the chilled balls in the melted chocolate and place on greaseproof paper.
Allow to set.
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen.