Toffee Pop/Cream Cheese Truffle Help Needed!!

Page 3 / 3
sunflower18, Dec 4, 8:27am
Once the truffles are made do they stay firm, unrefridgerated please!

r123l, Dec 4, 10:44pm
I also freeze them and pull out what I need and dip in belgian choc!

rasin11, Dec 5, 8:40am
Toffee pops are too soft and sticky - use Tim Tams a much firmer biscuit Never fails.

seaturtle, Dec 5, 7:59pm
Has anyone tried this recipe using tofu to replace the cream cheese! I would be intrested to hear before I attempt it.
With oreo cookies and tofu, dairy free choc If It works will inpress my dairy free adult children

bubbles22222, Dec 6, 1:00am
ditto my favourite are mint biscuits i use 2 packets to one full tub of cream cheese and dipped in chocolate, after i have mixed the biscuits and cream cheese i put in fridge till firm and then dip in chocolate. never failed yet

hyborn, Dec 6, 2:34am
any idea how much chocolate is needed to cover them! thanks

wildflower, Dec 6, 3:16am
I used 1 block Whittakers for 2 packs mint slice and 125gm lite cream cheese.In this heat I'd be keeping them in the fridge Sunflower.

hyborn, Dec 6, 4:42am
ok thanks - I started and found it was taking for ever to drain the chocolate off one of those scoop things so added some kremelta!is there a quick way of doing the dipping!

nik12, Dec 6, 4:51am
I made two lots today.2 packets of budget choc biscuits + one of wine (thanks for whoever had that tip!) and 250gm cream cheese.

I haven't dipped them yet (forgot to buy the chocolate duh!)but I do it with dessert spoon and a teaspoon.Load the big spoon up with chocolate, roll it around with the teaspoon (sometimes I just drop the truffle in the choc to start with) then sort of hold the trufle with the 'points' of both spoons to and let it drip for a second.
I don't think there's a 'truely easy way' but I might invest in one of those wire spoon things one day.

Once they are hard I do a tidy up with a sharp knife if the chocolate has made a flat bottom on them.A wee wipe with a warm teaspoon and you can't tell you've done it.

justme27, Dec 9, 2:05pm
Bumping so as not to lose these yummy tips :)

sstraight, Dec 9, 7:07pm
Thanks for the ideas everyone. I'm going to the supermarket today to get the ingredients to make some.

do_da, Dec 9, 7:15pm
I make the Mint Slice Balls often, i find what works for me is keeping the mint slice biscuits in the freezer .

Once i have rolled the balls i put them in the freezer to set (doesn't take long) and then dip them in chocolate.I also keep them in the freezer and pull them out as needed.In my opinion they are best straight from the freezer.

Enjoy :)

lil_angel_kel, Dec 9, 8:28pm
So once they are made, how long do they keep for! Am wanting to make some for the daycare teachers - but today is prolly the only day I can make them, and I was going to give them on Monday! :)