Mini Banoffee Pies - quick and easy

tc47, Nov 29, 8:20am
I did this on the weekend, and they went down a treat.

- Sweet, small pastry cases
- can of caramalised condensed milk
- banana
- cream.

Warm up the caramel and spoon into the pastry cases. Top with sliced banana and whipped cream.

If you really wanted to go all out, you could easily make your own pastry cases and caramel too, but I'm a lazy cook and was in a hurry.

Yummy :)

elliehen, Nov 29, 9:36am
Sounds good to me, especially for 'taking a plate' if you've been asked to bring a dessert.

fugazi71, Nov 29, 9:40am
I sometimes put the bananain before the caramel condensed milk so you get minimal browning on the banana.

alebix, Nov 29, 9:44am
Where do you get the cases from? or can you use sweet short pastry, the frozen kind?

alebix, Nov 29, 9:45am
Also i wonder if you could do a meringue and put that on top too?

tc47, Nov 29, 6:19pm
I got the pastry cases from New World, near the bakery section.

Wonder if meringue and caramel together would be super sweet?

mal331, Nov 30, 1:24am
love this idea, do you squeeze lemon juice over the banana to stop it going brown?

tc47, Nov 30, 7:01pm
Nope, just do the banana and cream at the last minute... doesn't take long.

chooky, Nov 30, 8:30pm
A friend just gave me that idea for Christmas. She makes her own cases, bit of banana, then the caramel and into the freezer all she does christmas morning is put a dob of cream on top.She makes these in mini muffin tins.I think it would be ideal as a quick dessert anytime.Im going to make mine today, at least I can then say I have started. As I'm on desserts going to make everything in the mini muffin tins. Then we can have a taste of everything but not feel yuk.

gr8stock, Dec 1, 9:07am
Another alternate for cases is making the cases using chocolate melts in mini muffin tins ( silicone ones - easy to get out). You get about 50 cases from a pkt of melts. They can be made ahead of time.

flower-child01, Dec 2, 9:30pm
For those wanting the full recipe including the pastry here it is http://brama-sole.co.nz/recipes/banoffi-pie/. I aim to give the Banoffee Cheesecake pie recipe a go next. Yum. Will share if it is good.

tc47, Nov 29, 8:20am
I did this on the weekend, and they went down a treat.

- Sweet, small pastry cases
- can of caramalised condensed milk
- banana
- cream.

Warm up the caramel and spoon into the pastry cases. Top with sliced banana and whipped cream.

If you really wanted to go all out, you could easily make your own pastry cases and caramel too, but I'm a lazy cook and was in a hurry.

Yummy :)

elliehen, Nov 29, 9:36am
Sounds good to me, especially for 'taking a plate' if you've been asked to bring a dessert.

alebix, Nov 29, 9:44am
Where do you get the cases from! or can you use sweet short pastry, the frozen kind!

alebix, Nov 29, 9:45am
Also i wonder if you could do a meringue and put that on top too!

tc47, Nov 29, 6:19pm
I got the pastry cases from New World, near the bakery section.

Wonder if meringue and caramel together would be super sweet!

mal331, Nov 30, 1:24am
love this idea, do you squeeze lemon juice over the banana to stop it going brown!

tc47, Nov 30, 7:01pm
Nope, just do the banana and cream at the last minute. doesn't take long.

chooky, Nov 30, 8:30pm
A friend just gave me that idea for Christmas. She makes her own cases, bit of banana, then the caramel and into the freezer all she does christmas morning is put a dob of cream on top.She makes these in mini muffin tins.I think it would be ideal as a quick dessert anytime.Im going to make mine today, at least I can then say I have started. As I'm on desserts going to make everything in the mini muffin tins. Then we can have a taste of everything but not feel yuk.

uli, Dec 3, 8:15am
bump for tedddybear