Trifle - was wondering if peach liquer would ...

tipsy_bl0nde, Nov 28, 1:20am
x1
be too strong? i tasted it straight and it doesnt taste like alcohol at all just a strong peach flavour. would this go okay with sponge, strawberry jelly, custard, cream, strawberries and chocolate flakes?

thoughts please :)

margyr, Nov 28, 1:39am
x1
mix it with some fruit juice and it will be yum.

kiwibubbles, Nov 28, 1:58am
x1
trifle. ooooooooooooooooh damn now i wish i had bought the ingredients for a trifle - would go down really well on a hot day like today lol

vintagekitty, Nov 28, 2:12am
x1
I think it sounds divine, sort of summery fruity with a kick!

tipsy_bl0nde, Nov 28, 2:59am
x1
great i will let you know how it comes out when i have some. note to people who use jelly in their trifle there is a quick setting jelly at supermarkets about 90 cents a packet but you use cold water instead of boiling water. Very easy instead of waiting for it to cool down.

gardie, Nov 28, 4:23am
x1
This is great for teachers to make with their class - no boiling water however I don't particularly like the taste or flavour so wouldn't use this is a trifle.Instead, I quite like the Weight Watchers Jellies - they are quite fruity.I always mix my alcohol in with either the fruit juice or jelly (if using juice don't make the jelly with as much water).I know there are some our there that don't use jelly, but a trifle without jelly simply isn't a trifle to me!

I made my Christmas cake last year with peach liquer instead of brandy or whatever - it was absolutely yum so I have no doubt, your trifle will be quite delicious.

tipsy_bl0nde, Sep 12, 6:47pm
x1
hi guys yes trifle last night was sooo yummy. definitely a success. thanks for all the help