What cooking book do you want in your stocking

Page 2 / 2
neville26, Nov 28, 3:23am
my son bought me Allyson Gofton's 'Bake'which is excellent! Would also like the lastest Annabel Langbien but it is quite expensive alas!!

gardie, Nov 28, 4:25am
I second this - either one would suit me.I've had both from the library and they are very good.

jbsouthland, Nov 28, 4:28am
Brought my Partner Mastering The Art of French Cooking Julia Childs....very imposing so just a flick through read for us after seeing the movie....Annabels will find its way here soon I feel.

buzzy110, Nov 28, 5:36am
What sort of cookery are you planning to do? Most men prefer to cook 'real' food, rather than cakes and sweets. Is this you? If so then you'd probably want a book like davidt4 recommended.

Often it is hard to find a cookbook that will give you the basics on meat and vegetable cookery. Jamie Oliver has some lovely books and his Naked Chef ones are rather good. Each recipe comes out brilliantly. I have not had one that hasn't turned out like the picture.

mindi1, Nov 28, 6:15am
I'm lusting over the the NZ Masterchef one.

seniorbones, Nov 28, 7:58am
oh no I forgot to watch the programme again last night...I want annabelles too but have only seen one episode!. I hope its repeated due to its popularity.

cookessentials, Nov 28, 8:32am
There is a gorgeous one I would LOVE to have and it's by Greg Malouf and it's called "Turquoise"but it is not bought into NZ as yet...hopefully some day. I have some of his spices and mixes which are fabulous.
http://gregmalouf.com.au/cms/index.php?page=catalogue&catid=93&prodid=31

davidt4, Nov 28, 9:51am
"Turquoise" has been available at Whitcoulls and Dymocks in NZ for a few years, as well as at specialty book shops.It is well worth having and I have been using my copy regularly ever since I bought it.Greg Malouf has a special genius for flavour combinations.

elliehen, Nov 28, 10:26am
I think everyone should go out and buy the cookbook[s] they want now, without waiting for the Christmas stocking.Books of all kinds are a necessity, like knickers, not a luxury ;)

You wouldn't be waiting and hoping and hinting for new knickers for Christmas....would you??

cookessentials, Nov 28, 6:05pm
Mmmm, that's interesting Helen as one of the publishers we buy from dont have it,although it is in their catalogue...will have to find it and see who brings it in.

davidt4, Nov 28, 7:29pm

cookessentials, Nov 28, 8:50pm
Thanks Helen, much appreciated, will use that as a last resort if i cant get it through the publisher

sandra25, Nov 28, 9:37pm
Turquoise is out of stock from the publisher - I have some on order, hoping they'll arrive this week. Saraban is the new one just out a few weeks ago, travelling through Persia.

cookessentials, Nov 28, 10:26pm
Yes, I would like that one too. Who has it Sandra?

davidt4, Nov 28, 10:46pm
Me too.I really really want Saraban.

cookessentials, Nov 28, 11:01pm

sandra25, Nov 29, 12:18am
I do! I'd probably get shot giving out my contact details on the TMMB so have a look at my profile.

buzzy110, Nov 29, 12:42am
May I also suggest, #1, that instead of going to Whitcoulls that you log onto The Book Depository and search their catalogue. They have the most amazing service. Your orders usually arrive within the week, maybe 10 days at the latest, they have a huge range of books not available here anymore and they do not charge for postage. Their prices are reasonable as well.

Maybe you could get 2 books even!

cookessentials, Nov 29, 12:57am
Hi Sandra, have been in your great store many a time when in Petone. I meant the publisher LOL as I can get mine through the publishers. Southern Publishers did not have it when I last asked,so thought it may have been someone else.

indy95, Nov 29, 1:14am
Almost anything by Nigel Slater or Greg Malouf.

sandra25, Nov 29, 3:35am
That's me - always after the elusive sale!
Random House -they were out of stock but my copies arrived late last week.
It's only been my store for 2 weeks and it's very exciting as well as nerve-wracking at the moment.

rainrain1, Nov 29, 6:04am
I want a chef in my stocking

elliehen, Sep 15, 3:19am
Nigella or Jamie?