Annabel Laingbein's Sticky Date Pudding

rayna1, Nov 17, 3:11am
x2
Does anyone have the recipe please

chic-a-dee, Nov 17, 3:44am
x2
1 cup pitted dates, 1 1/4 cups water, 1 twasp baking soda, 60 grms butter chopped, 1 packed cup brown sugar, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 cups SR flour, 1 teasp vanilla extract, 1 teasp ground ginger,2 pears cored and cut into thin slices. Preheat oven to 1908 o C.. grease and line 25 cm cake tin. Boil dates, water and soda for 5 mins in a pot big enough to hold whole mixture. Remove from heat and mash. Stir in butter until melted then add sugar, eggs and fold in flour, ginger and vanilla. Arrange pear slices in circles in bottom of tin and pour batter over the top and smooth out. Bake 35-40 mins until golden and skewer comes out clean. Stand 10mins or more before turning out. Serve with Wicked Toffee Sauce. Wicked Toffee sauce: Heat 1/2 cup water, 2 cups caster sugar, swirling occasionally until it comes to the boil. Boil without stirring until golden (8-10 mins). to stop crystallising can run a wet brush round the sides of the pot. Remove from heat, add 2 cups cream and 2 teasp vanilla and stir until smooth.

From greegs thread the other day, it looks divine on TV, will attempt it myself soon, when I am ready to sit down and eat half of it myself in one sitting!!

rayna1, Nov 17, 3:54am
Thankyou so much.

chic-a-dee, Nov 17, 4:00am
Rayna, youre welcome, I have recorded it on our magic box, but its another thing to sit and transcribe it onto paper to keep and follow when wanted. I saw it in a thread the other day so have copied and pasted it to a word doc. Hope it turns out well for you, enjoy!

niffer13, Sep 27, 3:48am
Thanks for this recipe. I have tasted to finished pud & it is so yummy - Made by my daughter-in-law. So will try it myself when I want to impress someone.