Couscous salad question pls.

dons14, Dec 24, 1:52am
Hi all you clever cooks. My job for tomorrows xmas lunch is to make the couscous salad. Ive googled it but there's tons of recipes to choose from. Some you add boiling water and some just olive oil and lemon juice... can anyone help with what's best pls? ?

duckmoon, Dec 24, 2:23am
I do a couscous salad with chicken... Then I use chicken stock I have heated... If I am not using chicken, then I use boiling water with some oil.

fisher, Dec 24, 2:28am
I use chicken stock rather than just water... tbsp of olive oil , salt and white pepper as a base. . more flavour with the stock...
You can add some halved cherry tomatoes. . parsley, lemon juice and sliced spring onion. .
Then there's a greek style... halved cherry tomatoes. . ripped up fresh basil. . crumbled feta cheese. . and some fine sliced zucchini that has been sauteed in olive oil. .
One more... Toast some pine nuts and lightly crush in a mortar and pestle. . rip up some basil. . slice up 2 - 3 spring onions. . some fresh oregano very finely chopped. . and some sliced up sun dried tomatoes...
Hope it all goes well... . have a good xmas...

fisher, Dec 24, 2:39am
Basic method... .
Grab a pot with a lid, bring the chicken stock to a boil with the olive oil, salt and pepper in it. Remove from heat and add in the cous cous. Stir to incorporate all and mix in well.
Now cover with lid and let stand for 5 - 6 minutes to allow the cous cous to absorb the liquid and then stir lightly with a fork to fluff up.
Add your veges as above and/or meats like cooked chicken, cooked prawns, cooked pork pieces or bacon... . skies the limit...

creeky1, Dec 24, 2:59am
I do 1 cup couscous to 1 cup boiling water in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave to swell. Fluff with a fork. add finally chopped redonion, capsicum ( a bit of each colour looks really cool) celery chopped parsley, grated carrot. Bascially what ever you like. Make a vinegarette with olive oil, cidar vinegar, sugar and pinch of mustard powder. whisk, adjust sugar, vinegar to taste. Pour over salad fluff with fork and chill.

nachonz, Sep 13, 9:53pm
add equal amounts of boiled water to cous cous cover for 10 min
chop onion, garlic, mint, parsley, tomatoes, peppersdrizzle with oil and lemon juicesalt and pepperyumm