What were our biscuit truffle flavours?

Page 3 / 3
lizab, Nov 27, 11:17pm
I've made tim tam truffles using the white choc caramel tim tams and now I've coated them in melted choc, the caramel is seeping through in places! I'd therefore recommend (for once!) double dipping! :)

suzanna, Nov 29, 12:53pm
Made the cream cheese ones with chocolate thins yesterday as they were very cheap on special and added apricot syrup, froze and then rolled in finely sifted cocoa-delicious.

theanimal1, Dec 21, 6:06am
Chocolate Brandy Truffles
250g chocolate thin biscuits(crushed finely)50g butter,100g cooking chocolate,1 egg,2 Tblsps Chantelle Brandy.Crush biscuitsfinely.Melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan(large)Add biccuit crumbs and egg.Beat with a wooden spoon until combined.Mix in the brandy.Place in the refrigerator for about a hour.Measure tablespoonsful of mixture and roll into balls,then place balls into melted cooking or chocolate melted buttons coating all over then place on tinfoil which is on a baking tray and place in freezer for approx 15mins(until truffles have hardened then place in container and put in fridge

theanimal1, Dec 21, 6:06am
Chocolate Fruit Balls

125 g Dried apricots, chopped
1/3 c Raisins, chopped
1/3 c Sultanas, chopped
2 ts Grated orange rind
60 g Dark chocolate, grated
180 g Dark chocolate, extra
60 g Butter

Combine apricots, raisins, sultanas, rind and grated dark chocolate in a small bowl. Roll teaspoons of mixture into balls, refrigerate overnight.
Break extra chocolate into pieces, place in top of a double saucepan with butter over simmering water. Stir until smooth or microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Dip each fruit ball in chocolate until evenly coated. Place balls on foil-covered trays; allow to set in a cool place. Store balls in airtight container in refrigerator.

can use carob for diabetics

theanimal1, Dec 21, 6:09am
White Chocolate Lemon truffles
60ml cream;250g white choc melts,chopped;1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind;2 tsp lemon rind;45g coconut;45g toasted,shredded coconut. Heat the cream and white choc melts in a saucepan over a low heat until choc has just melted. Remove pan from heat and stir in rind and juice and coconut. Leave to cool,then refrigerate for 2 hours,until firm. Roll into balls and roll in toasted coconut. Keep refrigerated till ready to serve. Makes about 40