What were our biscuit truffle flavours?

Page 2 / 3
paghan, Nov 26, 11:20pm
They sell them at Countdown

kernal1, Nov 28, 8:51am
Can these lovely receipes be made now and put in freezer for Xmas gifts!
Coat with Choc before freezing or later. More spare time now than later and would love to give to neighbours etc Xmas Eve. No cookj either so might need to trial runs! LOL

suzanna, Nov 28, 12:53pm
Made them with chocolate thins yesterday as they were very cheap on special and added apricot syrup, froze and then rolled in finely sifted cocoa-delicious.

purplegoanna, Dec 20, 5:32am
ive just done the tim tam truffles in choclate hail.i remember oreo was a flavour.i was thinking of gingernut! maybe for the oldies! .trying to picture biscuits on the shelf in the supermarket.

theanimal1, Dec 20, 6:05am
Mint Slice/Tim Tam/ or Toffee Pop Truffles. 2 x 200g-250g packets chocolate biscuits 250g cream cheese. Whiz the biscuits and cream cheese together in a food processor, then roll the mixture into balls. Roll the balls in chocolate hail, or freeze them, then dip them in melted chocolate. Use biscuits of your choice e.g. Mint or plain or other flavours. eg. Mint Slice, Tim Tams, or Toffee Pops

if slightly wet i add crushed cornflakes or some super wine biscuit crumbs not much just enough to not be so moist.

theanimal1, Dec 20, 6:06am
Caramel Ginger Balls

Ingredients:

1 Packet Griffin's Gingernut Biscuits (crushed)
½ Cup Desiccated Coconut
½ Cup Crystallised Ginger (chopped)
¾ Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Cup White Chocolate Melts
Extra Desiccated Coconut

Instructions:

1. Combine the crushed biscuits, coconut and ginger in a medium bowl.

2. Place the condensed milk and white chocolate melts in a medium saucepan.

3. Cook over a low heat until the chocolate is melted.

4. Using moist hands, roll the mixture into small balls and then roll in the extra coconut.

5. Refrigerate for at least ½ and hour.

theanimal1, Dec 20, 6:08am
White Chocolate Apricot Balls

A delicious combination of white chocolate and apricots, these are a great alternative to dark chocolate sweet treats and will prove simply irresistable to lovers of Griffin’s Super Wines.

Ingredients:

½ Packet Griffin's Super Wine Biscuits (crushed)
250g White Chocolate (chopped)
250g Dried Apricots (chopped)
¼ Cup Ground Almonds
1 tsp Brandy Essence
½ Cup Cream
½ Cup Coconut

Instructions:

1. Combine apricots and brandy essence in a bowl and stand for 10 minutes.

2. Place cream in a small saucepan and bring to the boil, take off heat.

3. Add chocolate, stir until melted.

4. Add apricots, almonds and biscuit crumbs, mix well.

5. Refrigerate until mixture is firm enough to handle.

6. Mould into small balls then roll in coconut.

7. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

theanimal1, Dec 20, 6:08am
Marshmallow Balls

Fun to make and fun to eat, these Marshmallow Balls are great to make with the kids on a rainy Saturday afternoon, as long as you don’t mind sticky little fingers.

Ingredients:

1 Packet Griffin's Super Wine Biscuits
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tin Condensed Milk
200g Butter
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 tsp Cocoa
1 Packet Marshmallows
50g Coconut

Instructions:

1. Crush the Super Wine biscuits then add brown sugar, condensed milk, butter (melted), vanilla essence, cocoa & marshmallows.

2. Roll into balls using wet hands.

3. Coat in coconut.

4. Chill for 1 hour prior to serving.

theanimal1, Dec 20, 6:09am
Sinfully Rich Rumballs

Just as delicious as the name suggests, these rumballs are also a breeze to make. A must try for Griffin’s Chocolate Thins lovers.

Ingredients:

1 Cup Griffin's Choc Thins (crushed)
1 Cup Hazelnuts, roughly ground
1 Cup Soft Brown Sugar
1 ½ tsp Corn Syrup
1 tsp Rum Essence

Cocoa Powder for dusting

Instructions:

1. Add sugar, corn syrup and rum essence together to form a paste.

2. Add this mixture to the crushed biscuits and hazelnuts and mix thoroughly.

3. Roll into balls using wet hands.

4. Dust with cocoa. Refrigerate.

purplegoanna, Dec 20, 8:05am
thanks the animal is was your first post with the different biscuits i was after.

popeye333, Dec 20, 11:57pm
OMG I should NEVER have looked here lol.

Need to get me some biscuits now.

purplegoanna, Dec 21, 1:13am
popeye i must say it took me forever and alot of armwork to manually crush the biscuits but the end results in my freezer look extremely tempting and very professional, i cant wait to see if the 'in-laws' are impressed! lol

popeye333, Dec 21, 5:06am
Ill use the kitchen whizz purple. Or Mr P's magic arm. My shoulder is struffed so he does all my mixing anyway.

Im going to get some biscuits etc in the morning. Im thinking I may have to buy twice the amount of apricots as Im sure they wont all hit the bowl.

Are white choc melts best to use instead of normal white choccie.!

purplegoanna, Dec 22, 8:09am
i made gingernut ones today and theyre devine.sorta special and im thinking they will impress.

cottagerose, Dec 23, 9:20am
I made the timtam truffles with condensed milk and they were lovely.
I tried sensation bisc also but they were very messy to work with and I ended up with choc and mixture all over the place.
Is there an easier way to roll the balls in the chocolate besides just using your hands!
I put raspberry ess in them.
I have to make more for xmas as I gave them away.

kernal1, Nov 11, 3:04am
Can I do fruit etc in whizz and how long will they last! (If I hide!) Freezer for Xmas maybe!

crails, Nov 13, 7:47am
Last year I did 3 pkts of Black Forest Tim Tams to 1 pottle of cream cheese and found that was the best consistinancy and the flavour was divine.Then dipped in Milk Melts

supercook, Nov 13, 8:05am
I am goingt to make the white chocolate apricot balls tommorrow they sound devine.

gardie, Nov 13, 5:25pm
The two packets of bikkies with the one block of cream cheese can be a bit sticky - popping a handful of wine biscuits in with them solves the problem - and you wouldn't know at all that they were there at all.

rj5, Nov 14, 2:48am
I was thinking what would squiggle top biscuits be like with the cream cheese as i have tried timtams and mintslices, thought the hokey pokey flaour would be yummy

miffycat1, Nov 16, 6:08am
new truffle recipes
Any one have a new recipe for use this year !

kernal1, Nov 18, 1:27am
Bump to keep handy!LOL

lyl_guy, Nov 18, 5:01am
I made oreo ones last year. they were Soooo rich, I don't think I'll be making them again lol!

gardie, Nov 27, 6:57am
What are cocoa haven bars please!

lost-in-oz, Nov 27, 7:10am
the budget version of a bounty bar.

Coles sell them in Aus, not sure about NZ.try the Warehouse first.