Free Range Cook - Sticky Date Pudding

sasha100, Nov 13, 9:28pm
Did anyone get the recipe from last nights show?Looked on website but not a featured recipe and computer too slow for on demand.Thanks

liamjosh, Nov 13, 11:27pm
Try this one - it isn't an Annabel Langbein but looked similar tothe one she did last night tho

http://recipefinder.msn.co.nz/article.aspx?id=766163

greerg, Nov 13, 11:45pm
Was just thinking about this for tonight myself so have book on my knee!

1 cup pitted dates, 1 1/4 cups water, 1 twasp baking soda, 60 grms butter chopped, 1 packed cup brown sugar, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 cups SR flour, 1 teasp vanilla extract, 1 teasp ground ginger,2 pears cored and cut into thin slices.Preheat oven to 1908 o C..grease and line 25 cm cake tin.Boil dates, water and soda for 5 mins in a pot big enough to hold whole mixture.Remove from heat and mash.Stir in butter until melted then add sugar, eggs and fold in flour, ginger and vanilla.Arrange pear slices in circles in bottom of tin and pour batter over the top and smooth out.Bake 35-40 mins until golden and skewer comes out clean.Stand 10mins or more before turning out.Serve with Wicked Toffee Sauce.Wicked Toffee sauce: Heat 1/2 cup water, 2 cups caster sugar, swirling occasionally until it comes to the boil. Boil without stirring until golden (8-10 mins). to stop crystallising can run a wet brush round the sides of the pot.Remove from heat, add 2 cups cream and 2 teasp vanilla and stir until smooth.

sasha100, Nov 14, 12:22am
Thank you so much both of you.It looked disgustingly yum!I think I may have to invest in her book.

rachybabe1, Nov 14, 12:35am
YES HER BOOK IS 49-99 AT THE WAREHOUSE AT THE MOMENT

seniorbones, Nov 14, 2:51am
or $47.99 at paper plus sale - 25% off

mona, Mar 14, 10:00am
Thank u so much,it was great help,I was looking for this recipe and it was hard to find.it looks yummy.I will try it soon.