Spinach

googie3, Nov 3, 10:55pm
Can anything be done with spinach to spice it up.appreciate any recipes,got some growing, and its coming on quick.

margyr, Nov 3, 10:56pm
saute onion and garlic in some butter and then sweat the spinach down with plenty of salt and pepper.

margyr, Nov 3, 10:59pm
when at the cafe I used to make spinach and ricotta rolls, savoury pastry, make up a mix of mashed potato ( i used the dried sort ), onion, garlic, spinach, salt an pepper and ricotta cheese then put this onto the pastry just like a sausage roll, was very popular and yum with a green salad and plum sauce.

margyr, Nov 3, 11:12pm
also just on the left is a box headed message board, in the keyword or member type spinach then in the date posted where it says last 24 hours click on the little arrow on the right and then on anytime, then click search, loads of spinach ideas there. good luck, I love the stuff.

googie3, Nov 3, 11:44pm
Thank-you margyr for pointing me in the right direction,time to harvest some,had the first white butterfly hanging around the broccoli yesterday,not good,time for the derris dust.

toy_turbo, Nov 4, 5:20am
On the Food in a Minute website, type in chicken & spinach - there's a really nice pie thingy with a chicken breast and spinach, cream cheese & nutmeg mixture wrapped in puff pastry - sooooo yum! :-)

marree, Nov 4, 5:30am
Margyr - want to try something (as above) tonight - don't have spinach, but do have silverbeet - I guess I can give something a go?

margyr, Nov 4, 5:31am
yep just use the silverbeet, it will be yum, cut the stalk out though.

marree, Nov 4, 6:24am
Thank you! yummy - not sure what I'll do - quick din din's tonight, but can't wait!

julia123, Jul 14, 3:06am
.. and add some diced crispy bacon and season with Oregano.