Chicken Breast - Help.

purely.ethereal, Oct 25, 2:06am
I am cleaning out my cupboards/meat supply before my MIL visits.I need to use up some chicken breast (approx 800g) but am stuck for inspiration.I have most spices, herbs, and basic ingredients such as flour, oil etc.I have no eggs/cheeses (except parmesan which I need to get rid of) or other meat (eg Bacon).

Any Ideas would be appreciated. TIA.

ams7, Oct 25, 2:18am
Chicken Fajitas.Marinate diced chicken breast in 1/4 cup Lime Juice, 2 Tbs Oil, 2 Cloves Garlic, 1 tsp Cumin, 1 tsp Corriander for 1/2 hour then cook in batches in a frying pan.Serve with burrito tortillas with Salad and sour cream.

noonesgirl, Oct 25, 2:20am
Boned Chicken Breasts
Seasoned flour
2sm eggs (substitutevwith a little milk)
8ozs cheese (parmesan ok)
1oz butter
2TBSP oil

Lightly flatten chicken & coat with seasoned flour. Combine egg or milk with cheese to make a stiff paste & spread over the chicken. Fry breasts gently in butter & oil until golden. Sprinkle on more cheese. Add a further knob of butter. Cover & cook on a low heat until cheese has melted & chicken is tender. (approx 10 mins)

There are recipies in the l/h message board. Key in chicken breasts & date posted key anytime.

purely.ethereal, Oct 25, 2:39am
I have enough Chicken for tonight and tomorrow so may try both.I forgot the other ingredients i need to get rid of is Chicken Stock and Tortillas so the Fajitas will help with the tortillas, and the other with the Parmesan.

Thanks heaps for the ideas - appreciate them and any more that come.

smileeah, Oct 25, 3:22am
Chicken pie could be good. Or chicken soup.

purely.ethereal, Oct 25, 3:26am
Can you use Chicken breast for chicken soup? I thought it would go a bit dry - that was one of the things I had considered.

purely.ethereal, Oct 25, 3:27am
Thanks for the ideas btw.

karenz, Oct 25, 5:57am
If you have a tin of tomatoes you can make cacciatore, additionally you need oil, garlic and onion, traditionally sliced mushrooms and olives are added but this isn't compulsory, use your imagination and any herbs you like though oregano and basil is nice.A splash of wine, either red or white adds a bit of richness too - and you can use your parmesan on top.

purely.ethereal, Oct 25, 6:09am
Hi Karenz, That sounds good too.I have mushrooms garlic onion and herbs.We don't have/drink/cook with alcohol though is there anything that can be used to substitute wine?Also I have fresh tomatoes but not tinned - can that work? Also have some tomato paste if that helps.

cottagerose, Oct 25, 8:42am
Chicken satay served on 2 minute noodles is my favourite and quick to make.
Maggi chicken satay satchet and peanut butter is all you need. Oh and onion.

smileeah, Jun 22, 6:48pm
Just cook it (poach or whatever) and add at the last minute just before serving.