Help with cooked chicken breast please

nruter, Oct 29, 6:45am
Bought one of the Countdown $9 chickens for a quick dinner. Very nice, but I always find the breast very dry, especially when cold.

Could someone suggest a recipe or way of using it, too much to waste.

Thought of reheating in gravy - but boring!
Don't fancy chicken pie.

Suggestions appreciated, thanks.

kiwigoldie, Oct 29, 7:28am
Mix it with some tomato salsa, put onto a tortilla roll up. Put some more salsa over the rolled tortilla, add grated cheese and bake for about 30 mins until piping hot and cheese golden.

lythande1, Oct 29, 6:02pm
Breast is always dry.
I usually do something like use the scraps in fried rice, breast can be used in something like a pasta dish with plenty of sauce.

awoftam, Oct 29, 7:19pm
If cooking yourself breast is fantastic poached. Moist and you can add flavour via the liquid you poach in. Makes for a great salad.

glenn-ellyn, Oct 29, 7:30pm
Today I am going to make pizzas with chicken, cranberry and brie. Just to see how they work out for Christmas later.

socram, Oct 29, 8:01pm
Quick chicken curry. The cooked chicken breast will just fall apart.

uli, Oct 29, 10:10pm
What do you use for a base?

mjhdeal, Oct 30, 3:22am
Next time, try roasting your chicken with these temperatures:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/perfect-roast-chicken/

The result is great, and even the breast is lovely, and not at all dry :)

kclu, Oct 30, 3:53am
Nadia Lim has a good Chicken and Parmesan Schnitzel recipe using chicken breasts. Can be found on www.stuff.co.nz

uli, Oct 30, 4:55am
OP ". Bought one of the Countdown $9 chickens for a quick dinner. Very nice, but I always find the breast very dry, especially when cold. . "

uli, Oct 30, 5:04am
Made with cooked breasts?

kclu, Oct 30, 8:06am
Yes. She cuts the chicken breasts in half horizontally so that they are thinner 'steaks.'

mjhdeal, Oct 30, 6:48pm
Are those the pre-cooked ones? Oh. Oh well :)

kclu, Aug 1, 2:19am
Sorry. Read original posting wrong. The chicken breasts are raw.