School gala day baking

Page 2 / 2
greerg, Oct 22, 5:54am
Gingerbread men sell like hot cakes and the recipe in the Ladies a plate makes lovely gingerbread and is the easiest to handle and bake I've ever made.One batch makes 2 dozen men.If you would like the recipe I could post it.

samsnan, Oct 24, 2:02am
Thanks greerg yes that would be great. Yes hooksie I am making that chocolate cake also. I had a trial run a few weeks back and it turned out good but I have cut the sugar and cocoa back a bit. Was still as good. This morning dh helped me make 20 jars of cucumber relish (cucs were cheap this morning at our market) and have just finished making 20 jars of Blueberry jam (bbrs in freezer taking up room) but tomorrow is to be the big bake day with a friend coming to help me all day. I will let you know how the bake off goes.

samsnan, Nov 1, 3:11am
Sorry to bump this thread up again but wanted to tell you all that our gala day was a success and my Cake stall made $500. We sold everything except for about 10 jars of Marmalade. Pity I didnt get the $500. I thoroughly enjoyed all the preparation and baking that myself and a friend did but next year (if we have one) we need to do double the amount cause a lot of people missed out. Thanks again for all your help.

alebix, Jul 6, 7:10pm
Im glad it went well.