Club sandwich filling ideas anyone?

julie55, Oct 13, 5:28am
I am wanting to get away from the usual creamy egg, ham, lettuce - needing some inspiration? I once had one with grated carrot, also gherkins and cream cheese and seen them using those thin slivers of salmon. Making about 30.
Thx

me-shell1, Oct 13, 5:39am
cream cheese, lettuce n cucumber, cheese n onion spreed with ham, asparagus, cream cheese n cucumber, tuna, red onion n lettuce, cheese, tomato n cold red meat, alfalfa, cream cheeses or cottage chesse. lots of things just mix up the fillings. ohh i love club sammies

me-shell1, Oct 13, 5:42am
ohh n ham, pineapple n cheese.

clair4, Oct 13, 6:13am
Curried egg,lettuce, tomato

duckmoon, Oct 13, 10:23am
one filling I use is peas... yes, peas.

Frozen peas, cooked, then pureed...

The colour looks great, it spread easily, and people love the taste (although often can't tell you what it is).

duckmoon, Oct 13, 10:24am
Also, on a budget, luncheon sausage pureed with a good relish

Again, it is spreadable (makes the sandwiches faster), and it tastes good.

nik12, Oct 13, 10:27am
corn relish and cream cheese (same as the gerkin one) is yum with ham, tomato and lettuce.

sparklesnz, Oct 13, 10:31am
corn relish and cream cheese makes the yummiest dip!!

purplegoanna, Oct 13, 7:53pm
this is my alltime fav club sandwich cream chesse, ham, spring onion and drained pineapple.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

martine5, Oct 14, 4:57am
shredded chicken, fresh herbs, wholefoods (or other good) mayo and slightly toasted sliced almonds.Yum

52many, Oct 14, 5:39am
x1
Cream cheese with chopped apricots, lettuce and chicken. Mashed peas and tinned mashed corned beef. (Men love this one). Sliced roast beef, pickle, lettuce and tomatoe.Bacon, egg & lettuce. Ham, cheese & pineapple. Mashed egg mix & lettuce. Buy a tupperware mould from a hospice shop and make those, they are awesome.

nellbee, Oct 14, 8:43am
Pastrami, cream cheese, finely sliced gherkin, finely grated carrot.

greerg, Oct 14, 10:23pm
A mixture of lite cream cheese and finely chopped red onion and gherkin is a great base that you can make up and have in the fridge.It goes well with any smoked meat in sandwiches, is good on crackers and thinned with a bit of milk makes a tasty dip.A bit of diced capsicum as well makes it look quite festive.

fruitbat, Oct 14, 10:26pm
YES! A really RETRO Kiwi filling...YUM!

crystalmoon, Oct 14, 11:44pm
I love grated carrot over cream cheese,very yummy and lovely colour.

gavin166, Oct 15, 2:00am
Thin pear slices, blue cheese and walnut.

Roast beef slices, sharp cheddar/tasty cheese grated, raw finely diced onion and pickle.

Cheese paste - grated cheese, tommy sauce/relish, pinch of curry powder, splash of boiling water to melt/mix. Nice with meat of by itself.

Gonna try the pea idea - thanks!

gaspodetwd, Oct 15, 5:56am
Grated cheese, mayo and spring onion

Rare roast beef and tomato and horseradish

Or

Samba. Nutella
Jam
Banana

julie55, Oct 14, 5:28am
I am wanting to get away from the usual creamy egg, ham, lettuce - needing some inspiration! I once had one with grated carrot, also gherkins and cream cheese and seen them using those thin slivers of salmon. Making about 30.
Thx

duckmoon, Oct 14, 10:23am
one filling I use is peas. yes, peas.

Frozen peas, cooked, then pureed.

The colour looks great, it spread easily, and people love the taste (although often can't tell you what it is).

sparklesnz, Oct 14, 10:31am
corn relish and cream cheese makes the yummiest dip!

fruitbat, Oct 15, 10:26pm
YES! A really RETRO Kiwi filling.YUM!