Corn Fritters

pinkpup, Feb 25, 2:49am
anyone got a goood easy recipe :D

245sam, Feb 25, 2:57am
pinkpup, have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=23&t=546

You'll find an interesting variety of corn fritter recipes there - hopefully one of those will appeal to you. :-))

mwood, Feb 25, 5:16am
First the corn kernels - if they are tinned they are ready, if fresh or frozen then bring them to the boil and leave in the pot while you make a simple batter of egg, self raising flour, cornflour, milk - maybe a dash of sesame oil and a teaspoon of garlic and chilli mix, salt pepper, chopped parsley. Drain the corn and add to the batter, if too stiff add a dash of milk if too wet add a little more flour. Heat the pan add some oil and knob of butter - BIG spoonfuls into the pan and fry 'em - eat 'em.

ange164, Feb 25, 5:34am
the edmonds cook book recipe works.
Now here's the thing my mum told me; Shallow fry them in at least 1cm of fat/oil.
I tried to almost dry fry them, I tried a little oil, I tried to make them healthier - but they cook best and all the way through to the middle, in a shallow fry method. I do them in dripping at about a little over number 3 (out of 5) on the stove top in a cast iron fry pan.
Needless to say they still remain a "treat" food here - like chips.

beaker59, Sep 7, 3:51am
SImplest ever is can of creamed corn (Oak is my fav brand) 1 egg 4 tablespoons of flour a 1/4 tsp baking powder salt pepper then fry in butter. To make it go further and maybe taste better grate in 2 or 3 med sized potatoes and double the other ingredients, you can also addd chopped fresh herbs and a bit of fried chopped bacon etc. Serve with some nice fresh Salsa.