I Need An Apricot Sauce & A Garlic Sauce recipe

hairchopper1, Jan 30, 11:23am
Thanks you so much!

245sam, Jan 30, 12:30pm
Here you are hairchopper1, these recipes are from:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz

"Apricot Sauce
6lb apricots 6 tsp salt 3lb sugar 1 tblsp ginger 1 tblsp ground cloves ¼ tsp cayenne 6 cups vinegar Place all ingredients in a pot and boil for one hour – I normally boil for longer than this. I bottle it when hot in sterilised bottles. posted by graebalz

Apricot Sauce
2·7 Kg (6lb) apricots; 1·8 litres (3 pints) malt vinegar; 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper; 6 tsp salt; 1·135 Kg (2&1/2 lbs) sugar; 28g (1oz) each of allspice & cloves. Boil all the ingredients for 2&1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Sieve if necessary before bottling. Note from hoppy1: This is better if kept a couple of months before use to allow the flavours to “kick in”. A variation from graebalz: Instead of the above quantities use:- 6 cups vinegar, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1·362 Kg (3 lbs) sugar, 1 tbsp each of ground cloves & ground ginger (no allspice). Hope that helps. posted by hoppy1"

245sam, Jan 30, 12:32pm
Also from:-http://trademecooks.net.nz
"GARLIC SAUCE
1 large Onion, 150 grams (or more) Garlic, 2 tablespoons of whole Cloves, 1 and a 1/2 teaspoons ground Ginger, 1 tablespoon Salt, 250 grams Brown Sugar, 1 kg Treacle, 5 cups Malt Vinegar, 1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce. Mince the Onion and unpeeled Garlic and combine with remaining ingredients except the Worcestershire Sauce, let stand over night. Next day, slowly bring to the mixture to the boil and cook gently, uncovered for 1 hour, stir occasionally. Rub the sauce through a sieve, then add the Worcestershire Sauce and pour into sterilised bottles and seal. Makes about 2 litres. A perfect potent sauce for flavouring stews, casseroles, meat loaves etc.
posted by meandog

Nice and Easy Garlic Sauce
serve this over meat or over fish. . 300ml of cream and about 2-3 teaspoons of garlic, reduce the two together until you have a thick sauce, i then use black pepper and grind it in to the cream sauce before serving. You can use more or less garlic to suit your tastebuds, also nice to add cooked mushrooms.
posted by sushimu

Have made this garlic sauce for years
which I serve with weiner scnitzel. Throw some Heinz mayo into a bowl (2-3 tbsp, depending on how much you want to make) add enough tomato sauce to make a pinky red colour, then crush 1 clove of garlic into the mix and stir well. Let it sit about 30 mins before using. posted by brianmac

I usually do garlic mushroom sauce
as I would do for the chicken pasta we normally make (have posted previously). It is basically just a White Sauce with garlic & mushrooms in it, I usually just chuck the ingredients in so to make it easier, here is a White Sauce recipe from Edmonds Cookbook: 2 Tbsp butter, 2 Tbsp plain flour, 1 cup milk (I use twice as much milk as cream so would do 1/3 cup cream and 2/3 cup milk) , salt and pepper to taste. - Melt butter in a small saucepan (if you wanted to have mushrooms you would add them now and cook them off in the butter, youd also need more butter) add garlic and fry for about 1 min. Stir in flour and cook until frothy. Gradually add milk/cream, stirring constantly. Stir over a medium heat until sauce boils and thickens. Cook for a further 2 mins. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes 1 cup.
posted by pennysaver

Creamy Garlic sauce for steak
. it's basically a roux with onion garlic and white wine... melt butter and add 1/2 a very fine chopped onion and the amount of fine chopped garlic you like... i use about 5 cloves :}} pinch of salt some WHITE pepper and stir all around. . till gently cooked... now add a good dollop of white wine . . stir... and simmer till reduced by half... while this is happening make a roux (white sauce)of butter, flour and milk in another saucepan. . and when ready, add the garlic/onion sauce mix to the roux and mix in. . depending on what I'm making the sauce for, I sometimes add a tsp of horseradish sauce. .
posted by fisher

Not a recipe as such- but what I do is
after cooking the steak with lots of garlic in a little butter and oil, remove steaks on to warm plate and quickly add to the pan residues a little tomato paste or puree or even tomato sauce if you dont have anything else, and stir in some cream or sour cream or cream cheese + a little milk and spoon on to steak. Sauce is ready in a minute or so and is very delicious. posted by katalin2

Garlic and Apple Ketchup
- 750g apples, 250g garlic, 1. 5lt malt vinegar, piece root ginger-bruised, 3 chillies-split, 2 tbsp whole cloves, 4 tsp salt, 4 tbsp peppercorns, 500g treacle. Chop apples, skin and cores included. Separate garlic cloves but don't peel. Combine all ingredients except treacle in large pot and boil gently approx 1 hour or until apples pulpy and garlic soft. Rub through strainer or mouli and return to cleaned pot. Add treacle and bring to the boil. Boil 5 min and then pour into hot, clean bottles and seal. Should be left several months before using. It's worth the wait! ! ! posted by winnie23"

pam.delilah, Jan 30, 8:05pm
x1
spicy Apricot sauce

• 3kg apricots peeled stoned and chopped,
• 1kg apples peeled, cored and chopped,
• 750g tomatoes, chopped,
• 4 onions chopped,
• 6 cloves garlic crushed,
• 2 ltrs dyc malt vinegar,
• 2 tblsp salt,
• 2 cups sugar,
• 3 tsp ground cloves
• 3tsp white pepper,
• 3tsp ground ginger,
• 1/2 tsp cayene pepper.

Put all ingredients into a large pan or pot.
Boil steadily with occasional stirring for 2 1/2 hrs or until completely pulpy.
Press through a colander or coarse sieve.
Return to pan and boil until preferred thickness.
Pour into sterilised bottles and seal, makes about 2 ltrs.

snapit, Jan 30, 8:31pm
Here are 2 the first is a liquid type garlic sauce and the second is a thicker one which is an adjusted Apple sauce.

GARLIC SAUCE
3 lb green apples
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper,
2 ounces whole black pepper
, 2 ounces plain salt
1 lb garlic,
2 oz ground ginger
2 lb treacle
3 oz whole cloves
1 gallon vinegar.
Mince garlic and apples including skins and cores. put with all other ingreds except treacle and bring to boil and simmer 2 hours, , Strain and return to the boil add treacle and boil 5 minutes before bottling... If you want a thicker sauce put the cloves and black peppers in a gauze or muslin bag and remove at end of cooking and rub the remainder through a mouli or sieve, then continue as above. This is a very old family favourite and makes a lot. I often make 1/2 quantity as that still gives plenty

Apple Sauce

3kg Apples
2 kg onions
2tbsp cloves
25g ginger
3 litres vinegar
4 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne
4 –5 cups sugar (will depend a bit on taste as well as sweetness of apples)
makes 6 large bottles

Chop cored unpeeled apples and peeled onions or mince or chop in processor
. put cloves and ginger in a spice bag ( I use a piece of mutton cloth or gauze and fix with a rubber-band. Allow room for contents to expand) put all ingredients in a large pot and bring to the boil stirring at times to prevent sticking simmer for 1-1 ½ hrs remove spice bag and rub through a sieve or mouli or food process(I process then rub through sieve but generally let it cool considerably before processing, it lets you judge how thick it is as well as adjusting the sugar content as well as safety handling hot liquid) return to the pot and bring to the boil and simmer till desired thickness and bottle in hot bottles and cap

Option add a few cloves of garlic or a lot of garlic to give a stronger garlic flavour

hairchopper1, Jul 24, 11:41pm
Wow these recipes sound so good, thank you, I trust you guys that they will be great! Wow some sauces better left for several months! i will try them & in the mean time try out all the others, Thanks so much, its for the my Bistro Im starting up, the sauces are for steaks & chicken, they will be far better than what they have there now!