Your best Chocolate mud cake recipe please?

Page 1 / 2
traintracks28, Oct 4, 5:47am
Your best Chocolate mud cake recipe please?

Its for a birthday cake

seniorbones, Oct 4, 6:10am
x2
I made this as a sample two weekends ago for a wedding cake.
210g butter, softened
2-1/4 cups caster sugar
4 eggs
2-3/4 cups flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup orange juice
1tsp baking soda 1/2 cup hot water.
Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each, Add sifted flour, b powder, cocoa and mix lightly together. Fold in orange juice, lastly add baking soda which has been dissolved in the hot water. pour mixture into a well greased and lined 24-26cm tin. Bake for 45-60mins until cake is cooked. Allow cake to cool remove from tin and allow to go cold.
WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING 400g white chocolate
3/4 cup cream , melt together slowly and carefully beat well to remove all lumps, cool. 250g butter 1-1/4 cups of icing sugar, beat together until creamy, add white chocolate/cream and beat for 5-10mins. really important to get it white and creamy....Split cake into 3 sandwich together with white choco frosting then use the rest to cover the cake...I purchased my cocoa from cookessentials and it is the best, really more like powdered chocolate, I also did it all in my beautiful mixer also bought from cookessentials..the cake was made on the sat and they tried in on the monday and was devine. Keeps well.

maximus44, Oct 4, 6:12am
x1
I have Alison Holst's chocolate mudcake which I made for my mother's 80th birthday a couple of weekends ago. It was lovely and moist. Would you like the recipe??

finlight, Oct 4, 6:42am
yep i would pls

tarnz28, Oct 4, 8:23am
This is the best chocolate cake ever very mosit

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
2/3 cup oil
1 cup milk
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup luke warm black coffee (2 tsp coffee in cup)

Put all ingredients in bowl (not coffee) beat with beater for 2 minutes. Thne stir in coffee, mixture will be running pour into cake tin and bake for about 45 minutes to an hour depending on tin size... You will love this easy mosit cake... Ice with Chocolate icing and sprinkle with a flake on top

tjharris, Oct 4, 8:26am
Campmum's recipe - the best I've ever made:

Mississippi Mud Cake.

250g butter, 1&1/2 cups hot water, 2 cups sugar, 1 tbsp instant coffee, 200g dark cooking chocolate, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1&1/2 cup self-raising flour, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla essence.
Melt butter in pot, stir in hot water, coffee, sugar & chocolate. Stir until smooth. When cool, beat in eggs & ess. Add dry ingredients . Mix well. Pour into baking paper lined tin. Bake 180*C for 1 hr. Don't overcook!

Ganache Icing: 125g dark chocolate, 1/2 cup cream. Warm together, mix until smooth. Leave until spreadable consistency. Spread on cold cake or serve warm as a sauce.

soden, Oct 4, 8:35am
The above recipe is what I use but it has 1/2 cup of whisky as well.Jack Daniels is the best!No vanilla!

gardie, Oct 4, 3:58pm
What size tin do you use?Sounds scrummy.

maximus44, Oct 4, 6:53pm
x1
Mississippi Mud Cake

1 tblsp instant coffee
1/2 cup water
100g dark chocolate (I used Whittaker's dark ghana)
100g butter
1 cup sugar
1 tblsp whisky, sherry, brandy (don't need to use this)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda

Put coffee, water, broken up chocolate, butter and sugar into a microwave dish or saucepan and heat evough to melt the chocolate and dissolve the sugar, stirring at intervals if heating in microwave and all the time if heating on stove-top.
Cool mixture to room temperature. Stir in sherry or spirits if using.
Line a ring pan that will hold at least 6 cups of mixture with baking paper or a non-stick liner and butter or spray its sides carefully.
Beat eggs and vanilla. Sift flour and baking soda then combine thethree mixtures. Mix long enough to get a smooth mixture that is thinner than most cake mixtures.
Pour in the prepared pan and bake at 150 degrees celsius for about an hour or until the sides of the cake shrink away from the sides of the pan and a skewer in the thickest part of the cake comes out clean.
Leave to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
I doubled this recipe - successfully and covered it in melted dark chocolate. You could ice it or dust it with icing sugar.

waterbrook, Oct 4, 7:22pm
hey traintracks hunny :)I have emailed you my fave recipe, it makes a whopper cake which cuts really well for shapes etc and is rich and delectable.It's made the rounds on tmmb a few times and had some fab feedback :)If anyone wants it I can post on here too. Have a wonderful day sweetie.

parashem, Oct 4, 7:26pm
The recipe on the back of Nestle DARK choc buttons is amazing. Very dense, moist and I never seem to mess it up which is rather incredible.

mrtabs, Oct 4, 8:02pm
Chocolate Mud Cake:
300gm butter
3 cups sugar
2½ cups water
1 packet cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
Melt the above ingreds in pan. Leave to cool, then add:
2½ cups flour
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 beaten eggs
Pour into tin. Bake for 1 hour at 160°C

nova40, Oct 4, 10:32pm
Waterbrook... that sounds really good can you post the recipe... Thanks

tortenz, Oct 5, 2:27am

morgana-rose, Oct 13, 2:12am
Hi waterbrook could i have the recipe too i would appreciate it thank you

ses21, Nov 2, 12:02am
Heres mine, its a very large, moist, dense mudcake. never had a failure using this recipe.
2c sugar,
2 eggs,
1c yoghurt (usually i use vanilla),
3/4c cocoa,
200g melted butter,
2t baking soda,
1 1/2 t vanilla ess,
1/4 t salt,
3 c self raising flour (or 3c flour and 3 t BP),
1c black coffee (robert timms gold columbian coffee bags are best)

cream butter and sugar, add whisked eggs and liquid ingrediants together, mix dry ingrediants, and fold into wet ingredients. mix well and pour in to a lined cake tin (i usually use one with a removeable base) and bake at 180 deg c for 45mins (i have a fanbake oven)

jackie_moon, Jan 6, 2:51am
Helloo

What makes a mud cake a mud cake please?

Thanks so much

Jackie Moon

reese, Oct 3, 5:43am
when you add the coffee.will the cake taste a little of coffee.i dont like the taste and was wondering if it will taste like coffee in someway!

bev00, Oct 3, 10:30am
Too good to lose .

carlosjackal, Oct 3, 11:20pm
No, but it will give the cake a depth of flavour.if that makes sense to you ;o)

traintracks28, Oct 4, 5:47am
Your best Chocolate mud cake recipe please!

Its for a birthday cake

seniorbones, Oct 4, 6:10am
I made this as a sample two weekends ago for a wedding cake.
210g butter, softened
2-1/4 cups caster sugar
4 eggs
2-3/4 cups flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup orange juice
1tsp baking soda 1/2 cup hot water.
Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each, Add sifted flour, b powder, cocoa and mix lightly together. Fold in orange juice, lastly add baking soda which has been dissolved in the hot water. pour mixture into a well greased and lined 24-26cm tin. Bake for 45-60mins until cake is cooked. Allow cake to cool remove from tin and allow to go cold.
WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING 400g white chocolate
3/4 cup cream , melt together slowly and carefully beat well to remove all lumps, cool. 250g butter 1-1/4 cups of icing sugar, beat together until creamy, add white chocolate/cream and beat for 5-10mins. really important to get it white and creamy.Split cake into 3 sandwich together with white choco frosting then use the rest to cover the cake.I purchased my cocoa from cookessentials and it is the best, really more like powdered chocolate, I also did it all in my beautiful mixer also bought from cookessentials.the cake was made on the sat and they tried in on the monday and was devine. Keeps well.

maximus44, Oct 4, 6:12am
I have Alison Holst's chocolate mudcake which I made for my mother's 80th birthday a couple of weekends ago. It was lovely and moist. Would you like the recipe!

tarnz28, Oct 5, 8:23am
This is the best chocolate cake ever very mosit

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
2/3 cup oil
1 cup milk
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup luke warm black coffee (2 tsp coffee in cup)

Put all ingredients in bowl (not coffee) beat with beater for 2 minutes. Thne stir in coffee, mixture will be running pour into cake tin and bake for about 45 minutes to an hour depending on tin size. You will love this easy mosit cake. Ice with Chocolate icing and sprinkle with a flake on top

tjharris, Oct 5, 8:26am
Campmum's recipe - the best I've ever made:

Mississippi Mud Cake.

250g butter, 1&1/2 cups hot water, 2 cups sugar, 1 tbsp instant coffee, 200g dark cooking chocolate, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1&1/2 cup self-raising flour, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla essence.
Melt butter in pot, stir in hot water, coffee, sugar & chocolate. Stir until smooth. When cool, beat in eggs & ess. Add dry ingredients . Mix well. Pour into baking paper lined tin. Bake 180*C for 1 hr. Don't overcook!

Ganache Icing: 125g dark chocolate, 1/2 cup cream. Warm together, mix until smooth. Leave until spreadable consistency. Spread on cold cake or serve warm as a sauce.