Your best Chocolate mud cake recipe please?

Page 2 / 2
gardie, Oct 5, 3:58pm
What size tin do you use!Sounds scrummy.

maximus44, Oct 5, 6:53pm
Mississippi Mud Cake

1 tblsp instant coffee
1/2 cup water
100g dark chocolate (I used Whittaker's dark ghana)
100g butter
1 cup sugar
1 tblsp whisky, sherry, brandy (don't need to use this)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda

Put coffee, water, broken up chocolate, butter and sugar into a microwave dish or saucepan and heat evough to melt the chocolate and dissolve the sugar, stirring at intervals if heating in microwave and all the time if heating on stove-top.
Cool mixture to room temperature. Stir in sherry or spirits if using.
Line a ring pan that will hold at least 6 cups of mixture with baking paper or a non-stick liner and butter or spray its sides carefully.
Beat eggs and vanilla. Sift flour and baking soda then combine thethree mixtures. Mix long enough to get a smooth mixture that is thinner than most cake mixtures.
Pour in the prepared pan and bake at 150 degrees celsius for about an hour or until the sides of the cake shrink away from the sides of the pan and a skewer in the thickest part of the cake comes out clean.
Leave to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
I doubled this recipe - successfully and covered it in melted dark chocolate. You could ice it or dust it with icing sugar.

waterbrook, Oct 5, 7:22pm
hey traintracks hunny :)I have emailed you my fave recipe, it makes a whopper cake which cuts really well for shapes etc and is rich and delectable.It's made the rounds on tmmb a few times and had some fab feedback :)If anyone wants it I can post on here too. Have a wonderful day sweetie.

tortenz, Oct 6, 2:27am