CROC POT RECIPE FOR A CURRY DOES ANYONE HAVE A

rob76, Sep 28, 9:01pm
Good one:

pat56, Sep 29, 12:50am
Just pile in the ingredients (after frying the onions, curry, garlic etc) & it will come out tender as after 2 -3 hrs on high. Had one on moday with beef. Some say brown the meat first but I don't think there's much in it. I don't now. Toss in kumera, carrot, parsnip or whatever you fancy for last hour.

willman, Sep 29, 8:11am
Crockpot Curry:

1.5 stewing beef,1/2 cup brown sugar,1/2 cup sultanas,1/2 cup flour,2 onions peeled and sliced,1 Tblspn curry powder,2 cloves garlic, crushed, 1/2 cup water, 1 apple peeled and chopped. Salt and pepper.

Cut meat into cubes and then coat the cubes in flour in a plastic bag.Place all ingredients into crockpot and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.Serve with rice.

lizab, Apr 25, 12:18pm
x1
AROMATIC BEEF CURRY

* 1 oz butter
* 2 tbsp oil
* 2 x large onions, sliced
* 2 x tart peeled and diced apples
* 1 tbsp curry powder
* 2 x garlic cloves, crushed
* 1 tsp each turmeric, ground cinnamon and cumin
* 750 g cubed beef
* 1 1/2 tsp salt
* 3 tbsp mild chutney
* 5 tsp malt vinegar
* 1 tbsp brown sugar
* 200 mls tomato puree
* 250 mls water
* 2 x bay leaves
* 1 1/2 oz coconut
* 2 oz sultanas

If making in the crockpot, I just throw everything in apart from the butter and oil. You won't need to brown anything beforehand. It may need a little thickening before serving though.

Heat oil and butter. Fry onions and apples. Add curry powder, garlic, spices and beef. When browned turn off heat and stir in remaining ingredients (except sultanas) Spoon into large casserole dish and bake covered for one and half hours. Add more water if necessary and the sultanas. Bake covered for a further 30 mins or until very tender.

My family aren't too keen on the coconut, or sultanas, so I leave them out now, but it's very yum if you keep them in.