Where can you buy vanilla pods from?

wadboy, Sep 27, 3:58am
Does anyone know where you can buy vanilla pods from and how much they cost? Thanks

lizab, Sep 27, 4:34am
just at the supermarket, but I can't remember how much they are sorry (very expensive anyway!)

sleyle, Sep 27, 5:00am
Have a look on here - lots of people sell them or you can get them from the supermarkets or health stores.

marcs, Sep 27, 11:14am
I have bought them of ebay and they are a lot cheaper than supermarket. It works out at a $1 a pod. Not sure about coustoms though as I live in Auz.

shurz, Sep 27, 11:31am
Bidvest food services sell them - contact your local branch - you dont need an account- shurz

cookessentials, Sep 27, 6:07pm
I tend to use vanilla bean paste now as often the poods are quite dry. The paste is basically made up of the seeds which have a nice strong flavour.

levintofu, Sep 27, 10:18pm
i've bought some on here and they we're pretty good.... i used what i need and put the rest (split but not scraped) in a mason jar topped with sugar... shake once in a while... and you have beautiful vanilla scented sugar good to use on cakes and sprinkle in coffee!

wadboy, Sep 27, 10:35pm
Lots of help. Thanks

marcs, Sep 28, 12:20am
cookessentials I bought a whole heap and decided to soak them in vodka which gives you your own pure vanilla extract but also keeps the beans moist. Just keep topping it up with vodka as you use the extract and use the beans as required.

4dhnyz08, Sep 28, 4:22am
On trade me bud

redrose, Sep 28, 5:45am
how long does vanilla pods last before you have to use them.

kandi_gurl, Sep 28, 7:45am
Bought mine on trade me they are lovely and thick smell beautiful

marcs, Sep 28, 8:50am
They go dry in open air but it does last for a few months if kept air tight. As I said before, soak in some alchol and it will last a lot longer and you can use the alcohol as Vanilla extract.

wadboy, Sep 28, 8:42pm
Seems I'm spoilt for choice. Thanks heaps.

mightyone, Sep 29, 3:39am
oh wow, I didn't even think of checking on Trade Me for vanilla pods.Way cheaper!I got inspired a wee while ago after watching Australian Masterchef guy making Creme Brulee.When I went to my local Paknsav to check out the price, it was something ridiculous $14 for 2 little vanilla pods whiich I refused to pay & ended up using normal vanilla essence lol, recipe still turned out nice but will definately be buying off Trade Me now.Thanks people :)

alebix, Apr 24, 5:44pm
Trade me have some of the most divine vanilla pods.