Need recipe for making big tomato pasta sauce

supercook, Sep 26, 10:48pm
For about 30 people any help with this?

fifie, Sep 26, 11:50pm
This is a nice pasta sauce recipe, you need fresh tomatoes to roast for extra flavour and added sweetness to the sauce.
Ripe tomatoes
Salt/ ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 onion chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
Fresh chopped basil, or parsley
Drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon curry powder.
Cut tomatoes in half put in a roasting dish cut side up sprinkle with salt and ground pepper, and drizzle balsamic vinegar over them.
* Bake 180c about an hour till almost cooked.
Pre fry onion and garlic till soft, place in a large saucepan with tomato paste seasonings curry powder, sugar when tomatoes are roasted remove from oven cool, scoop out centres put in the saucepan discard skins.
Simmer a little to combine ingredients and tomatoes are soft but there are still little chunky bits there.
Cool Add freshly chopped basil or parsley.
For 30 people you will have to make a bigger quantity, i'd do 2 roasting dishes of tomatoes and double everything else, taste as you go and add more garlic, curry powder, seasoning if needed.
For a easy meal cook your favourite pasta, add sauce and gently heat through, serve with a nice salad and hot crusty bread...

levintofu, Sep 26, 11:53pm
if you are using tomatoes the truss kind with the stalk pop that in your tomato liquid in a ziplock bag overnight, then fish out and finish and your soup/sauce the next day (or when your ready to use) will taste more "tomatoey" you can even do that with canned stuff too if you have enough stalks
best yet is when you grow your own tomatoes and there is plenty of vines to go around

supercook, Sep 27, 6:05am
Anyone else help ?

martine5, Sep 27, 7:33am
I would use 2 x A10 tins (the catering size) of tomatoes (pref italian), 8 onions and 10 cloves of garlic, 1 cup of sugar and a good couple of tables spoons of salt, and some white pepper, 2 tablespoons each of dried thyme and dried basil.Sweat onions until soft and add garlic.Cook for 2 mins.Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for at least 3/4 of an hour.Taste and adjust seasoning

supercook, Apr 20, 4:07pm
Thank you so much I will add some veg carrots I got the tomato in A10 today also tomato paste ?