Eggs galore!

jubli, Sep 25, 7:37am
Any new ideas for using eggs please. Our hens have started laying again and I am running out of ideas - the cake tins are full, hubby is getting sick of bacon and eggs, poached eggs, omlettes so I would really appreciate any new ideasThanks

sandra25, Sep 25, 7:49am
All I can think of is bacon & egg pies or quiche - you can freeze them too. Or, sell the excess - I get $5 a dozen - it means the chooks pay for their own food out of their pocket money!

timetable, Sep 25, 7:55am
i beat a whole heap in a bowl with a bit of milk, then pour into a sprayed baking pan and then throw in left over veg, grated courgette or marrow, chopped cold meat or a can of salmon or chopped ham or bacon, a chopped onion, capsican, mushroom and a good sprinkle of salt and pepper a bit of mushroom stock and grated cheese - mix well with a folk and bake till set at about 150 deg...really yum and you can frezze the leftovers...

uli, Sep 25, 8:37am
Twelve egg omelettes, quiches, frittata, soft boiled eggs for breakfast, bacon and eggs for lunch with a salad, make noodles, dumplings, sponge rolls, mayonnaise, pavlova (use the yolks to wash your hair) or use the yolks to make a lemon sauce to go with the pav. Egg salad, egg and tuna sandwiches. Eggs in tomatoes, egg benedict.....

vintagekitty, Sep 25, 8:41am
Egg Nog, have a early xmas!

pickles7, Sep 25, 9:16am
Why not learn the art of preserving them again. I can remember my Mother preserving eggs in a huge container, for when eggs were not so plentiful for baking. The eggs were put into a liquid

uli, Apr 16, 11:11am
You can preserve eggs inWater Glass (Sodium Silicate). They get packed into a container (clean eggs only - do NOT wash!), with the small ends down and the wide ends up (that is where the air bubble is, so that goes up) then add 10 to 12 liters of boiled cooled water which has 1 liter of Sodium Silicate added. Keep in a cool place - will last for months.

The eggs will have runny yolks though after a few months and are usually only used for baking or quiches, frittatas etc.

You can just as well break them open, mix with a fork and freeze in quantities you would use for baking or cooking.

I used to have 4 to 5 mixed eggs in a small container for cakes and 12 in bigger containers for quiches, frittatas etc.