Something sweet to use marshmallows in, must be...

jamiemew, Sep 24, 8:39am
egg and dairy free! as the kids have allergies.
i can subsitute butter with marg, dairy free cocoa and chocolate etc and egg with egg sub (but doesnt come out as light and fluffy!)

vintagekitty, Sep 24, 8:44am
I know its not a recipe, but mine toast them on sticks in the fires and pop them between 2 choc biscuits. so, so sickly sweet, but they like it.

jamiemew, Sep 24, 8:49am
lol we dont have a fire but do at the batch and last time there we did this with our daughter for the first time and she LOVED it! these would be perfect as they are the giant marshmallows lol

rainbowpride, Sep 24, 9:24am
I had a bag of those little marshmellows so what I did was melt the whole packet with a little butter then I mixed in a couple of cups of the new cherrios with honey and some M&M's and popped it into a slice tray and popped it in the freezer and its gone down a treat.I then made another instead of chocolate I put macadamia pieces in it.

phas3e, Sep 24, 9:38am
125gms of butter
200gms of marshmallows
5 cups of rice bubbles

melt butter and marshmallows together add rice bubbles and press into tin.

pam.delilah, Sep 24, 9:54am
Snow balls

400g dark chocolate, melted,
1 x 250g packet marshmallows ,
2 cups shredded coconut

Break up chocolate, place in a large clean metal or heat proof bowl. Sit bowl over a double boiler on a low heat so that chocolate will melt slowly.

When chocolate is ¾ melted, take off heat and stir until completely melted. Leave sitting on the double boiler to keep melted.

Line 2 large Swiss roll pans with grease proof paper. Set aside.

In a separate large mixing bowl place coconut. Using a tooth pick, dip marshmallow into chocolate, coating thoroughly.

Let excess chocolate drip off, place in coconut to coat. Place on Swiss roll pan evenly. Repeat this until all marshmallows are gone.

The original rocky road

400g good quality milk chocolate, chopped
200g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
½ cup shredded or dessicated coconut
½ cup finely chopped roasted peanuts
250g raw brazil nut kernels, halved
200g red glace cherries
250g marshmallows (raspberry and vanilla)

Place chocolates into a large heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water, stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stand until warm.

Stir in coconut and then remaining ingredients, one at a time. Spread mixture into a 24cm x 12cm slice pan lined with baking paper. Leave pan at room temperature for about one hour or until set.

Serve cut into squares.

pam.delilah, Sep 24, 10:00am
Fairy Mushrooms
Makes 24

12 fruit stick sweets,
24 soft marshmallows, pink and white
1 cup chocolate melts or buttons, melted in the microwave
½ cup coconut

Cut the fruit sticks in half and poke into the marshmallows. Dip into melted chocolate then into coconut.

Allow to set on a sheet of tinfoil. Store in an airtight glass jar.

noni48, Sep 24, 10:19am
Make kebabs - fresh fruit (e.g. pineapple, grapes, strawberries, apple) & marshmellows threaded onto sticks - kids love them.

245sam, Sep 24, 10:23am
For a variation on this, probably not as yummy as if the marshmallow(s) were toasted but a good alternative where there is no fire available is to use the microwave and plain biscuits (e.g. Girl Guide, etc.) + a few chocolate chips (or alternatively use chocolate biscuits and no chocolate chips).Place a biscuit on a paper towel, or microwaveproof plate/saucer and add marshmallow(s) - 1 is usually enough unless using the mini marshmallows.Microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 10-20 seconds - WATCH! and when the marshmallow is just showing signs of being ready to collapse remove it from the microwave and put another biscuit on top, then press it gently to spread the marshmallow over the biscuit BUT take care the marshmallow is hot enough to give a nasty burn if touched or eaten straight from the microwave so wait a minute or so for it to cool and enjoy - very sweet, but a novel occasional treat.:-))

rog.e, Sep 24, 10:25am
When my kids wee small I used to stew apples and then add a good amount of marshmallows to thereallyhot apple.

It melts and makes a great dessert.Pour into a bowl or into individual dishes.

Don't stir them hard but rather just mixed into the fruit lightly and then leave to melt in their blobs.

buzzy110, Sep 25, 12:25am
You could always try grilled fruit and marshmellow kebabs.

Conversely, make a lightly caramel syrup with sugar and water, put in chunks of banana, pineapple, peaches, pears, apples (or whatever) and gently poach till semi cooked. Take out of the syrup, cool, thread onto pre-soaked kebab sticks and grill. Serve with the caramelised syrup.

freestar5, Sep 25, 8:28am
Have you got some popcorn? I poped some in the microave then added about 20 marshmallows and put back in the microave for 1 minute. Stir and mould into balls. Yum!!!!!! Fat Free too...... LOL

bathbombs, Sep 25, 8:28am
Re post 9 and microwaving onto biscuits we do this but are also dairy free, so use Nice biscuits with two marshmellows or hobnobs made by McVities, sorry don't have any here to check for eggs.

elliehen, Apr 16, 7:14am
Best biscuits to use are the digestives with chocolate on one side only - then those little fingers are not so sticky ;)