Need muffin recipes

wazza114, Sep 22, 11:39pm
within all my recipe books i dont have 1 recipe in them for muffins...please help me out.....

wazza114, Sep 23, 12:10am
bumping come in cookslol

sara134, Sep 23, 12:15am
what sort of muffins are you after?

pickles7, Sep 23, 12:17am
put,muffins,in as the key word, anytime, for the date posted. You may find what you are looking for there.
Cool ah.

marcs, Sep 23, 2:42am
This is one of our favourites in the house which I got off the internet.

Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins

Makes 12 medium muffins or 24 mini

Preparation time: about 30 minutes

2 teaspoons (10ml) lemon juice
250ml (1 cup) milk
125ml (1/2 cup) oil (any mild-flavored oil could be used)
1 large egg (we use eggs with a minimum weight of 59g)

300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
150g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
170g (1 cup) white chocolate chopped into small chunks or choc chips
200g berries (we use 100g chopped strawberries and 100g raspberries) (I have used all raspberries (frozen) only)

Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius (fan-forced). If you are using a conventional (not fan-forced) oven, place the oven rack in the centre of the oven. In a conventional oven, the position of the muffins in the oven affects how they brown. We like them to be close, but not too close, to the top element.

Line 12 holes of a muffin pan (1/3 cup capacity holes) with patty/muffin cases or 24 mini ones. (makes around 36 mini ones)

Whisk lemon juice, milk, oil and egg in a medium bowl until well combined.

Place self-raising flour, caster sugar and white chocolate in a large bowl.

Stir to combine.

Add berries.

Gently stir to combine.

Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stop stirring once the ingredients are combined (do not over mix or you will tough muffins). The batter should be quite wet.

Divide mixture evenly between muffin cases.

Bake for about 22-27 minutes. To check whether the muffins are cooked, press lightly on the centre of a muffin; if it springs back, it's ready. A knife inserted into the centre of a muffin should come out without any batter attached.

Serve the muffins warm or at room temperature, dusted with icing sugar if desired. They are at their best on the day they are baked.

marcs, Sep 23, 2:51am
Alison Holsts Marvellous muffins book is really great. I am trying to get hold of her second book More Marvellous Muffins.

alebix, Sep 23, 4:18am
I buy the homebrand packet mix ($2).

They make amazing muffins, easy as to make and you can add anything to them.

wazza114, Sep 23, 7:31pm
im after any type of muffins......i just want to make some/any type but out of all my books i dont have 1 recipe. thanks for above recipe have copied that and will try it later this morning.

marcs, Sep 24, 1:24am
These ones are out of Alison Holsts muffins book

Herbed muffins

1 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 c grated cheese
1/2 c chopped parsely
1 tbs chopped or dried herb (any kind)
1 spring onion
1/2 tsp sal
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

1 egg
1/2 cup + 2 tbs milk

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix wet ingredients in another bowl. Add wet to dry and mix till just combined. overmixing any muffin will make it come out tough. Put in muffin pan and cook for 15 min for medium size and 12 for minis at 200c fan forced.

marcs, Sep 24, 1:26am
Cheese muffins
2 c grated tasty cheese
1 1/2 c self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs sugar
pinch of cayenne pepper

1 egg
1 cup milk

Mix all dry ing. in a bowl. Mix wet in another bowl. Put wet into dry and mix till just combined. Spoon into muffin pan and bake 210c for 12 mins.

marcs, Sep 24, 1:29am
Blueberry muffins

2 c flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon (I don't use this)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c castor sugar

100g butter
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 - 1 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen is fine)

Mix all dry ingredients.Melt butter and mix all wet ingredients into it. Add wet to dry and mix tilljust combined. Baked at 220c fan forced for 12 - 15 mins in med muffin tin.

marcs, Sep 24, 1:32am
Double choc muffins

1 3/4 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 c castor sugar
1/4 c cocoa

100g butter
1 egg
1 c yoghurt
1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

1/4 - 1/2 c choc chips.

Mix all dry ingredients. Melt butter and add all wet ingredients to the butter. Add wet to dry and mix till just combined. Bake at 200c fan forced for 10 - 12 mins. Med muffin tin.

marcs, Sep 24, 1:34am
Choc Banana muffin

2 c self Raising flour
1/2 c castor sugar
1/2 c choc chips
1/2 tsp salt

100 g butter melted
1 c milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 c (about 2 - 3) mashed bananas

Same method as above. Baked at 220c fan forced for 12 to 15 mins. Med muffin pan

marcs, Sep 24, 1:37am
Crunch Lemon muffin

2 c self raising flour
3/4 c sugar

75 g butter melted
1 cup milk
1 egg
grated rind of 1 large or 2 small lemons

Same method as above. Bake at 200c fan forced for 10 minute.

While the muffin is cooking stir together below without melting the sugar

1/4 c lemon juice
1/4 c sugar.

As soon as the muffins are out of the oven, spoon over the lemon sugar. Don't leave the muffins in the pan to cool after this as it may stick because of the liquid poured over it.

marcs, Apr 12, 4:55pm
If you are baking any of these in mini muffin tins, just reduce the cooking time to 10 - 12 minutes. These are the recipes I have made so far and can vouch for. There is a lot more in her book.