Citrus Slice

button.nose, Sep 21, 2:18am
Recently I tried a really yummy citrus slice and ive been trying to recreate it, i know that it has chopped up biscuits(like wine biscuits) not finely chopped either, coconut and i can see orange rind in the icing. I'm having trouble with the part that sticks the biscuits and coconut together. It's also not cooked. Does anyone have a recipe that sounds like this?? TIA :)

helicooze, Sep 21, 2:25am
i have one.........2 packets of plain biscuits crushed, lemon or orange zest....add to that i tin condensed milk and 85gms of butter(heated together until butter melted) press into cake tin and chill till set, ice with normal icing with more lemon or orange zest added......enjoy.

button.nose, Sep 21, 2:29am
that sounds like it!! thank you so much! very excited for it :)

sugarplum1, Sep 21, 4:08am
Add the condensed milk a little at a time, I've done the above recipe many times and sometimes a whole tin of condensed milk makes the slice very wet and soggy.Try half a tin first.

momma1, Sep 21, 9:58pm
yeah, its butter and condensed milk and is an alison holst slice from the 70's

momma1, Sep 21, 10:14pm
kirstens orange sliceAlison Holst simply delicious 1975
100g butter
3/4 can condensed milk
1 c coconut
grated rind 1 orange
1 packet crushed wine biscuits
melt butter, add condensed milk. stir in all other ingredients press into a sponge roll tin ice with orange icing.
I have made this using tangelos, lemons and limes....the limes were a bit much but all others were lovely

pam.delilah, Apr 8, 6:07pm
x2
Citrus Slice
100 g butter,
1/2 can condensed milk,
1 cup coconut,
1 pkt wine bisc.
grated rind of 1 - 2 citrus fruit.
Melt butter, add cond milk, coconut, finely grated rind and bisc crumbs.
Press into lightly buttered or sprayed dish.
Mixture need not fill dish but may be pressed into desired depth.

Icing:
1 cup icing sugar,
2 tbsp soft butter,
citrus fruit juice.
grated rind of 1 - 2 citrus fruit.
Mix icing sugar with butter,add grated rindthen add juice, a few drops at a time to icing consistency.
Spread on base and refrigerate until firm.
Cut in squares or rectangles and store in refrigerator.