What's your ultimate dinner party menu?

Page 2 / 2
twelve12, Sep 21, 11:05pm
cheese and home-made chutneys!!

uh, but if I have to do something better than that, then:
Entree: simple salad.Maybe baby spinach, sliced firm cheese, and pear slices?
Or basil and mozzarella!yum!

Main: something you can make a batch of.A choritzo and chicken risotto, or a paella.

Dessert:a cake, or individual muffin-like puddings with sauce... nomm

pickles7, Sep 22, 1:20am
mmmmm dessert

Stand alone,
Mango cheese cake.
Small glass of passion-fruit to one side.

winnie15, Sep 23, 4:22am
I made this in summer and wow fantastic!! tastes amazing and you wouldn't know it add avocado in it .. so creamy and divine!
I have the cook book too..

motorbo, Sep 23, 6:19am
it is yum isnt it, do you get alot of use of the cookbook winnie? ive been wondering if i should buy it

cookessentials, Sep 23, 7:34am
That sounds really different. I have just bought 6 avacadoes.

motorbo, Sep 23, 7:40am
it does sound different, but what it is is a rich creamy choccy mousse, no kidding!!

motorbo, Sep 25, 5:21am
bumping as wanna know what winnie thinks of the cookbook? plz :)

pickles7, Sep 25, 5:50am
....motorbo....do you have a avocado ice cream recipe? I have just found one, not tried it myself yet. I will post the link, if you want it.

motorbo, Sep 25, 6:53am
no i havent am dubious u try it first LOL

usualsuspect, Sep 25, 10:15am
home made jelly and home made icecream for dessert...as for the rest...i will have to put my thinking cap on!

duckmoon, Apr 18, 4:54pm
this worked really well last time I had people over...
dinner for four...
course 1: antipasto - lots of meats, and cheese, and picked vege and fresh (like toms and capsicum)...

course 2: boil the water before they arrive: cook fresh spaghetti - toss over pesto, with extra parmasam and basil...

course 3: should have been italian, but never mind:
sticky date toffee pudding (made in texas muffin tins)... Had the wet ingredients in one bowl, and the dry in another... So, as they walked in the door, I mixed them together and put them in the oven...