•1 cup butter
•5 eggs
•3 cups sugar
•1 tablespoon vanilla
•1-1/2 cups flour
•1 teaspoon salt
•2-1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat; set aside. In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at high speed for 10 minutes**. Blend in chocolate mixture, flour and salt until just mixed. Stir in the nuts. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for 35-40 minutes. (Don't overbake.) Cool and frost if desired, but that is not necessary.

** It's not required, but this is when it's very nice to own a stand mixer.

This is one of the best brownie recipes.

elliehen, Aug 18, 11:50am
Bumped this older thread to add this from today's Stuff page.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/recipes/5462372/Top-tips-for-baking-brownies

sarahb5, Aug 18, 9:53pm
The recipe on the Stuff page is almost identical to the one I use except mine has more chocolate as well as cocoa and I've never put nuts in it because my kids don't like nuts (especially walnuts) but I'm thinking hazelnuts or macadamias would be nice

elliehen, Aug 19, 11:50am
Bumped this older thread to add this from today's Stuff page.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/recipes/5462372/Top-tips-for-baking-brownies

sarahb5, Aug 19, 9:53pm
The recipe on the Stuff page is almost identical to the one I use except mine has more chocolate as well as cocoa and I've never put nuts in it because my kids don't like nuts (especially walnuts) but I'm thinking hazelnuts or macadamias would be nice

melissaliam, Sep 16, 9:38pm
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutesIngredients:
•8- 1 ounce squares of unsweetened chocolate
•1 cup butter
•5 eggs
•3 cups sugar
•1 tablespoon vanilla
•1-1/2 cups flour
•1 teaspoon salt
•2-1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat; set aside. In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at high speed for 10 minutes**. Blend in chocolate mixture, flour and salt until just mixed. Stir in the nuts. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for 35-40 minutes. (Don't overbake.) Cool and frost if desired, but that is not necessary.

** It's not required, but this is when it's very nice to own a stand mixer.

This is one of the best brownie recipes.