Cob Loaf----Cream Cheese

shadoe, Sep 14, 9:19pm
I am wanting a recipe I got off here some time ago,this particular recipe used a can of Asparagus instead of the normal Spinach one,does anyone have it?This is needed for a party on Saturday,Thanks.

packergirl, Sep 14, 9:34pm
1 cobb loaf-cut off top and hollow out
1 onion
1 teaspoon curry
3/4cup mayonaise
1 cup grated cheese
250g cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon basil
4 silverbeet leaves cooked and well drained
put all the above in a food processor and pour into cobb shell put lid on bake at 150 for 1/2hour
my lot loves this and it amazing when you put this in front of guest and they always comment on it
I hope this helps

245sam, Sep 14, 9:54pm
shadoe, I think this is the recipe you're wanting - it's exactly as it appeared on Trademe Cooks and I note that it was you who posted it.....

"Cheesey Asparagus Cob loaf
Made this for my friends 5oth and is was really great,aloy of people keep asking me for the recipe. 1 can of asparagus(drained.1 pky of Chicken Noodle soup,250g sour ctream,250 sizse Cream Cheese,mix all 4 first ingredients togetherThen hollow out the cob loaf about 1/3leaving bread for dipping afterwards.Place the mixture into bread loaf,wrap in Tinfoil and back at 180=200 for an hour,serye with bread crusts,french sticks or crackers,its is really yummy!
posted by shadoe":-))

winnie231, Sep 14, 11:15pm
Well done Shirley - where would we be without you?
Hope you are getting on alright in the earthquake aftermath.

shadoe, Sep 16, 2:36am
Thanks 245sam you are wonderful that is my recipe,I have hunted high and low for it,my friend who I made it for her 50th wants it made for her daughters 18th this sunday,so thanks again you are a sweetheart.

lizab, Sep 16, 4:42am
shadoe - thank goodness for 245sam storing away all the best recipes for us all!!! Hope your friend's daughter has a great 18th :)

shadoe, Mar 25, 12:49am
Thanks for that lizab you are so right about 245sam as I said she is a legend,I am sure Yana will have a great birthday she cant wait,to be legal to go to a Pub lol.