Yoghurt for $1 kg/litre

Page 2 / 2
dinky17, Feb 10, 8:40am
thanks all for your concern... I do use very cold water, on the verge of freezing... but all is well... what I did was, I strained it in a colander with a teatowel in the colander first and then pore the yogurt in it and let the water drip out of it. . took about 1. 5 hours as it was pretty runny, I then added milk and it was beautifull and creamy... thanks once again kermit for this great idea of making cheap yogurt! !

dinky17, Feb 10, 8:43am
oops... yoghurt ! !

mango5, Feb 10, 8:49am
does the milk powder have to be non-fat and can I use as a starter yoghurt made from raw cows milk?

kermitnz1, Feb 10, 8:54am
I don't know why you couldn't use full fat milk powder, the recipe I was given just said non fat and as that is what we use anyway I've just stuck with that. I'm unsure of the raw cows milk starter as it may contain extra or different cultures? But worth a shot though :-)

Thanks dinky, If I get a runny one, or want a delishimo thicker one for a treat I will try the colander trick! ! !

julzienz, Feb 23, 1:14am
Bump, cos this is a cool idea.

pat56, Mar 5, 9:59pm
Can you sweeten this recipe?

gm.macpherson, Mar 7, 8:53pm
How much milk do I add at the end? Is it just a matter of getting it to the consistency I want?

eswarpisces, Mar 7, 10:38pm
can i use fresh milk instead of milk powder. . ?

snapit, Oct 10, 5:52am
Another great thread from the Trademe Community Recipes forum. A great group of helpful friendly members happily sharing with the Trademe family and visitors. We invite you to join us here and not on the stack--- site these have been hijacked to.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=166833&#p3829953