Butter/vienna Cream Icing for Kids B\'day cake?

nsgray, Sep 10, 6:33pm
Ive lost my trusty recipe book and I need a lovely butter / vienna cream icing for my grandies b'day cake today.Gotta make a ladybig LOLThanks in advance xoxox

margyr, Sep 10, 6:58pm
x1
from google;Ingredients:Servings:
16 1616 Servings Size
Update
1/4 lb butter, chopped (125 grams)
1 3/4 cups icing sugar, 280 grams (powdered confectioners sugar)
2 tablespoons milk
Change Measurements: US | Metric

Directions:Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
1 Beat the butter in a small bowl with an electric mixer. You need to beat it for a fair length of time -until it is as white as possible. 2 Gradually beat in half of the sugar, all the milk and then the remaining sugar. 3 If you would like the mixture thicker- add in some extra icing sugar one spoonful at a time until the consistency is right. If the mixture is too thick- gradually (and I mean gradually) add in some more liquid until the consistency is achieved.). 4 VARIATIONS:. 5 To make it chocolate- add in 2 or 3 tablespoons of cocoa with the sugar and a little extra milk if required. 6 Coffee- add 3 teaspoons of instant coffee in 2 tablespoons of hot water(omit the milk). 7 Lemon- substitute lemon juice for the milk. You can also add in some lemon zest. 8 orange- use orange juice in place of the milk. 9 Different colours/flavours- add food colouring and flavours of your choice (in place of some liquid in the recipe). 10 For pink I add some rosewater and a few drops of cochineal.

margyr, Mar 10, 1:58am
that one is from google, and this is how i make mine, usually start with a 1lb block of softened butter a packet of icing sugar, some vanilla essence and beat untill it goes white, then I seperate into other bowls and colour each one. good luck have fun with the ladybug.