HELP need a Microwaved choc coconut recipe plse..

bob368, Sep 1, 8:40am
I used to have one & have misplaced it..it used to keep really well ... unless there was a tribe to eat it.
Can any one help? Thanks

lurtz, Sep 1, 9:26am
Chocolate Coconut what?

If it iscake, then I can pass on a recipe from the Glennys Raffills Microwave cookbook. For many years I have used her microwave Lemon Honey recipe, which takes the hassle out of stirring over a saucepan of simmering water, and is brilliantly quick.Anyway, I hope the following recipe is of some help.

Chocolate Rough Cake.

2 tablespoons of cocoa.
Half a cup coconut ( I presume this is dessicated coconut)
3 quarters of a cup of milk.
2 eggs
75 grams softened butter.
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1 and a half cups self raising flour
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of milk.

Combine cocoa and coconut, and mix in the milk. Stand half an hour. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.Add eggs one at a time, while beating. Add to this the coconut mixture and flour and mix well. Stir in the milk ( you may need a little more if the mixture is very stiff). Spoon into a small microwave proof container, and cook on medium high for 7-9 minutes,orhigh for 5-6 minutes. Stand 4 minutes before turning out.

When cold, ice with chocolate butter icing and sprinkle with coconut.

I haven't made this particular recipe, and I am not a fan of microwaved cakes, however, I have found some shortcuts from her recipe book extremely helpful. The book states that the recipes were tested on a 650 watt microwave oven, so you may need to adjust cooking times.All the best :-)

bob368, Feb 26, 5:17pm
Cake that is ... sorry about that
Thanks lurtz