Where can I find a good banana cake recipe

Page 2 / 2
vomo2, Apr 23, 10:34pm
Edmonds cook book, add 1 tsp vanilla and take it out just as its cooked, not overcooked if you want a nice moist one. Chocolate icing is great with this. Cook in any tin you have.

calista, Apr 24, 12:26am
I've never made the Edmonds one in slice tins only in a ring tin and it always came out well.

pats3, Aug 13, 4:50am
The only one I've got is the Edmonds Recipe Book one but it is done in 'slice' tins. Can I just use that and do it in one cake tin!

pats3, Aug 13, 5:33am
Thank you for that noonesgirl. Dare I ask, waht is l/h message board please!

winnie231, Aug 13, 5:37am
I think noonesgirl is refering to the search function on the 'left hand' of the page . type in banana cake & select 'anytime' . you will find lots of recipes.

winnie231, Aug 13, 5:41am
Having said that - I've just done a search for a recipe from here I've made several times now - it's very easy & very good!
Originally posted by mackenzie2 - including her comments .

Banana Cake

This is one I make all the time, and it is great. Beat 3 eggs, 1.5 cups sugar, then add 1/2 cup cheap oil and 3/4 cup sour cream & 3 ripe bananas beat all, then add 2 cups white flour 1.5 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp baking soda Beat till nice and smooth bake 170 degrees for 1 hr I ice with white and dark choc I make this at work and it is the most requested of all, keeps really well I double and put one in the freezer. Enjoy. Sorry left out some info.I bake mine in either a high sided 22inch tin or if I want to strech the servings in a larger square.

pats3, Aug 13, 5:52am
Thank you Winnie for explaining the search function and the recipe above which sounds really nice. I want to make one tonight but won't be able to make the one you posted as don't have any sour cream, but will definitely give that a go next time.

Thanks again.

pats3, Aug 13, 5:58am
I feel silly now not knowing what noonesgirl meant by doing the search thing. It's ages since I've been on Recipes but I think I will be doing a lot of copying and pasting into a Word document now - Lol.

Thanks for all your help.

winnie231, Aug 13, 5:59am
You're very welcome - I hope you find a recipe that suits you this time around. Happy cooking!